1Password 8 search

2»

Comments

• NiekieNiekie
    Community Member

@AliH1P 1password7 is still better for me. I understand that finding a string everywhere is cool, but not if you have thousands of entries... Can we set/change/add an option to set defaults maybe? Quite a frustration to each through 41 entries where v7 only had 6 for the same search term, not even showing the item I am looking for.

• NetpogNetpog
    Community Member

@Niekie> "finding a string everywhere is cool, but not if you have thousands of entries... Can we set/change/add an option to set defaults maybe?"

In general, the 1Password settings are impoverished of that sort of option.
    Why should we squabble about search behavior, or details of UI, when we could be given choices?

Does anyone -- ANYONE? -- remember .xdefaults? Everything is configurable.
    (Personally, my first move would be to configure borders for the app's window. White boxes defined by white edges is, at best, a discourtesy.)

• AliH1PAliH1P

Team Member

Hey @Niekie, thanks for the feedback. Could you tell me a little more about the results you're getting in 1Password 8 compared to 1Password 7? For instance, is it because those entries are in a specific vault in 1Password 7 while 1Password 8 is searching across all vaults?

Ali

• goodmaninc13goodmaninc13
    Community Member

I agree with @Niekie. The "search everywhere" feature is not helpful for anyone with a lot of items. Because previously you're able to target your search to a particular fields. See this example:
    Title - contains - 'chars' <--- ( This only searched the titles. )

On top of this I was able to combine multiple criteria:
    Title - contains - 'chars'
    Notes - contains - 'test'
    (The combo above would search ONLY titles and notes )

So if I had 2 entries with the title containing the word "charset" only 2 entries would return in 1PW7. But now if any part of my thousands of entries contain "chars" anywhere it will come back in the results. There could be hundreds or thousands of results (in my case) for me to still have to manually look. This is a big deal breaker! Going back to 1PW7 until t
    his is fixed. Thanks

• ag_mike_dag_mike_d

Team Member

Hello @goodmaninc13,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear this has been a deal breaker for you and that you've decided to return to version 7. I've included your thoughts and a +1 for you in the feature request we're tracking with the product team.

ref: IDEA-I-1061

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member
    edited September 10

Hi folks! We have a further update to share.

Substring search matching has now made it to the latest Production build of 1Password. To take advantage of this functionality, update to version 8.9.4 or newer (we actually just now released 8.9.5, with an additional unrelated improvement), and you will be good to go.

I hope this comes as welcome news. And as always, we're happy to have your feedback!

• NiekieNiekie
    Community Member

This is not working as expected.

Search for an IP. V7 has 4 results, V8 has 41 results, most if which has no matches on the search term.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file