Setting up 1Password 6 standalone on my new MacMini

I need to set up 1Password 6 standalone on my new MacMini. I don't have a secret key. I do have the Master Password though. I have already downloaded 1Password 6 but can't sync my details. I do not have 1password on the phone to scan the code. Please help

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOs 12
Referrer: forum-search:I need to set up 1Password standalone on my new MacMini. I don't have a secret key. Please help

Comments

• mmunyao
    mmunyao
    Community Member

Greetings 1Password support community. I am still needing help with the above question regarding downgrading to 1Password 6 on my Mac mini. Any responses will be appreciated.

• Hi @mmunyao:

Thanks for asking! If you're using a standalone vault, then you won't have a Secret Key. Do you know where you stored your standalone vault? Was it in iCloud, Dropbox, or somewhere else? Let me know!

Jack

• mmunyao
    mmunyao
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P Than you for your reply. No, I don't think I stored it anywhere. I don't have any back up for this Mac mini as it is new. However, I have 1Password 6 on my MacBook Air and would like to use the same data for passwords in my new Mac mini. Unfortunately it can't pick the same Master password as I have in my MacBook Air.

• Hi @mmunyao:

I think what would be best is to take a closer look at how 1Password is set up on your MacBook Air. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac. Please follow the steps for 1Password 7 using our troubleshooting tool:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• mmunyao
    mmunyao
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    Thank you for your reply and guidance. Here is my support ID as requested:

[#TGW-66113-554]

I hope to hear from the support group. Thanks for your support this far.

• Hi @mmunyao:

Great, thank you! I've located your email to us, so we'll be in touch soon. Keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: TGW-66113-554

This discussion has been closed.