1Password for Safari GONE!!

VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am still on beta 8.8.0 and just discovered that 1PW for Safari has disappeared from the Safari menubar but is installed in the Applications folder! 1PW for Safari is version 2.3.5

Tried restart but still absent. Please advise, thanks...

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• Hi @VirgilBoy, I'm sorry to hear about this.

We're aware of this issue and working to fix it. And in the meantime, we have a short-term approach you can take to set this right on your device. Here's what to do:

1. Open 1Password for Mac.
    2. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Fix Missing Safari Extension from the menu bar.

Does that resolve the issue for you? If not, we'll be happy to provide further help. I'll look forward to learning how this goes!

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member

Fixed it thanks!

• Excellent, @VirgilBoy, thank you for letting us know! 🥳

• branchespark
    branchespark
    Community Member

Same with Version 2.3.6 (20214). '1Password for Safari' installed but it does not show in the Extensions on Safari.

• branchespark
    branchespark
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

[deleted duplicate]

• branchespark
    branchespark
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

[deleted duplicate]

• branchespark
    branchespark
    Community Member

Oops. Sorry for the multiple posts. Content blocker (1Blocker) hid my replies and comments. Working after the suggestion above.

• Glad to hear the steps Peter shared worked for you @branchespark! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.

Jack

• Georgiaborn
    Georgiaborn
    Community Member

I also have 1PW in my iMac applications folder but no extension shows up in utilities, no icon on browser bar. It was there previously when I started my 1PW account about 2 weeks ago. I rebooted my computer one night and now the extension is gone. How do I get it back? The instructions in above post are not helpful for me: my 1PW account does not have a "help"button so I cannot select "troubleshooting-fix Safara\i extension". I only have "feedback and support" which has so far not been helpful.

• @Georgiaborn

Which version of 1Password are you using? The option should be present in version 8. Perhaps that is the issue. Here is how it looks in version 8.

• Georgiaborn
    Georgiaborn
    Community Member

Why, thank you so much for this visual!! I did not realize that when solutions were offered referring to the "help" menu, that it meant that menu and not the menu inside my 1Password account. Yes, I have 1Password 8.7.3 for Mac, so I did go to the troubleshooting/fix safari extension link. My Mac is saying something is preventing the extension from being activated, but it does now show up in the extensions folder. I'll work on the problem of what is preventing it from being selected. Again, thank you so much!

• Georgiaborn
    Georgiaborn
    Community Member

Why, thank you so much for this visual!! I did not realize that when solutions were offered referring to the "help" menu, that it meant that menu and not the menu inside my 1Password account. Yes, I have 1Password 8.7.3 for Mac, so I did go to the troubleshooting/fix safari extension link. My Mac is saying something is preventing the extension from being activated, but it does now show up in the extensions folder. I'll work on the problem of what is preventing it from being selected. Again, thank you so much!

This discussion has been closed.