1Password in the browser questions

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password X or classic extension?.

Comments

• penguin5555
    penguin5555
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed new computer. The current extension in firefox add-on center is absolute garbage. it does not auto fill anything and i cant search for sites to auto fill like i could with the old pop-up window that syncs with desktop app for windows hello support.

How do i get the old app so i can search for items, such as going to "nordvpn.com" and searching and using "Nord VPN" entry in vault? The entry names vary based on app or browser usage.

• penguin5555
    penguin5555
    Community Member
    Options

the version 8 one does not allow me to search for a site. sites sometimes have various URLs for an app vs. a web site sign in. I guess i need to go back to version 7, which works? There are no new features that it needs in version 8. Creating prettier versions is fine, but they still need to maintain the functions of old. Version 7 integrates with windows hello and stores passwords across different devices and browsers. So it works.

• Hey @penguin5555:

1Password in the browser, our newer extension, can definitely integrate with the 1Password desktop app to share a lock state and use Windows Hello. If you're having trouble with that, we can definitely take a closer look.

Additionally you can search in the 1Password pop-up to find a relevant login item, or you'll see the inline menu suggested right on a field.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.