Incorrect Date format

2»

Comments

• Mr_VMr_V
    Community Member

I would just like to add my voice here as well.

I've just updated to 1Password 8 — finally — and immediately on opening the app, the bizarre dates just hit you right between the eyes.

No but seriously, it means an extra few seconds of mental processing every time your eyes come across a date, which has a significant impact on UX.

• ShaneBShaneB
    Community Member

Yes - and I add my voice to this.
    Inconsistent date format is marginally worse than forcing us to use a date format used in only two (2) countries. At very least, use a non-ambiguous format: MMM DD YYYY.

• mareknmarekn
    Community Member

1Password 8.9.8 (and previous versions) on MacOS doesn't display date and time according to the System Preferences.
    I am using "English" language as preferred one, with "Poland" Region. In such configuration Date in the system is being displayed as DD/MM/YYYY and time is being displayed as HH:MM in 24-hour format.

Unfortunately 1Password still displays date as M/D/YYYY and time HH:MM AM/PM.
    In 1Password Preferences for Language option in advanced Tab I have "Use system defaults".

From my point it looks like a bug, where application should use System Preferences Language & Region.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 12.6.1
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:date

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I've passed your comments along to the development team so that they're aware that the issue is affecting your workflows.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• domldoml
    Community Member

@Dave_1P That's what we were told at the start of November. And in August. And in June. I hope you understand how that might make it feel hollow?

• andrew.l_1Pandrew.l_1P

Team Member

Hi folks,

Thanks for your patience, I'm happy to share an update has been added to our nightly build! Dates and times across the app should better respect the system locale:

If you're interested in checking it out, you can update your release channel in 1Password 8's preferences. With automatic updates turned on, this will push you to the nightly within 24 hours:

Keep in mind though that the nightly builds undergo less testing than their beta and production counterparts, so there is an increased risk of other unexpected behaviour. If you'd prefer to wait, the 1Password for Mac Beta Releases will have notes about upcoming changes but I'll continue to post here once this particular change makes it to beta.

Let me know if you have any questions and how it goes if you try out the nightly build. 😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file