To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Signed up for a free trial. want to change from family t individual

WendyLee
WendyLee
Community Member

I would like to change my trial subscription from family to individual plan. Not sure how to do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Signed up for a free trial. want to change from family t individual

Comments

• @WendyLee

Change your 1Password account type sounds like what you are looking for.

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com and click Settings in the sidebar.
    2. Click “Use 1Password by myself”.
  • dbaresrc
    dbaresrc
    Community Member

I assume there is nothing else to be done once you click the button? All devices will automatically know of the account type change? Do any names change? For example, right now the account says "Our Family" does that change and does it affect anything? Do I need to generate another recovery document or does the same one work with the new account type? Sorry to be nit picky but I want to make sure I understand all the ramifications before I make the same change. Thanks

• Hi @dbaresrc,

All devices will sync and recognize this change.
    Your login credentials will stay the same however the name of the account will change to your name or whichever name you have used to identify yourself within 1Password. You will not need to generate another Emergency Kit.

I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.