1PW8 PIN Code

Options

Comments

• Revolution1210
    Revolution1210
    Community Member
    edited August 2022
    Options

I posted this in another thread but looks like this one has most traction so will hopefully get my +1 for the reintroduction of a PIN code added. I simply do not use biometrics in any capacity and rely on the PIN code for a good experience.

On desktop, using a real keyboard, typing a long password is not an issue. On a mobile device and with my aging eyesight this would become highly frustrating!

In the meantime, for PIN code users still wishing to use 1Password 8, if you still have 1Password 7 installed you can use 1Password 7 (and your PIN) to unlock 1Pasword 8 ;) For this to work you would need your master password in 1Password 7 and the website field for that entry would need to be https://my.1password.com/. For people not using a stand alone version, you probably already have this as a way to sign in to your account on 1password.com.

• Shenanigans
    Shenanigans
    Community Member
    Options

Also bringing my comment from another less active thread:

The biometrics on my phone died, and the PIN feature helps keep my phone out of the landfill. Please add this back to v8.

• AshNeedsUserSupport
    AshNeedsUserSupport
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to please add PIN unlock to 1pw8. I frequently am unable to use Face ID on my phone and I have a long password. I reverted back to using 1pw7 until v8 has it.

• Klarence
    Klarence
    Community Member
    Options

+1, I don't use FaceID, so l plan on downgrading to 7 until touchID or PIN is added back.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022
    Options

Thanks for the feedback folks. I have shared it internally.

ref: ref: IDEA-I-1222

• petermcm
    petermcm
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

+1 for PIN 4-8 in length
    BRING it back. Listen to your paid users. It is not hard.
    Also Tommy please add more hope to us and a timeframe not just "I have share it internally"

• securityminded
    securityminded
    Community Member
    Options

Huge let down here as a parent setting up my child’s first device. Biometrics is a big no-go in our home and being that this is a new device, I can’t get 1Password7 for this iPhone now.
    Please bring back the pin code unlock options for 1P8

• virgofx
    virgofx
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

+1 Why remove a feature that is used so heavily!?!? Absolutely absurd considering biometrics are more of a security risk

• virgofx
    virgofx
    Community Member
    Options

There’s a few other threads also asking for this. Can the 1Password team please commit to pushing this next release ?

• virgofx
    virgofx
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• RobertdeV
    RobertdeV
    Community Member
    Options

I also would like to see the pin code functionality added to 1P8. Alternatives (other than touch or face ID) are not as time efficient IMHO.

• Moheri
    Moheri
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    I'm switching back to 1pw 7 until this is integrated in the new app. I love the new app otherwise but this is actively keeping me from using it. I won't use biometrics on my phone.

• MariuszW
    MariuszW
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, I'm going back to 1PW7, I cannot use FaceID and I am not going to type my password every time.

• DJRiful
    DJRiful
    Community Member
    Options

I'm voting this as well, been 1P since version 3. Why?

• druker
    druker
    Community Member
    Options

What happened to your product management team??! No pin code. No default vault for saving. I have recommended 1Password to lots of people, but these bad and unjustified changes make me question that. Please get it together.

• virgofx
    virgofx
    Community Member
    Options

1PW team —- Any update ?!

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    Options

It’s amazing how many of the leading password managers don’t support PIN codes. As a security pro, I’ve taken issue with this approach for years. Putting someone’s finger on a biometric or holding their phone to their face is not secure. There has to be the additional factor of something only you know. For me, the only viable alternative is Bitwarden.

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    Options

I used LastPass in the past. I looked at it again recently and didn’t care for its iOS app. It does support PINs as well. I like the low cost of Bitwarden, sharing capabilities, and functionality. I also like that it is Open Source and seems quick to incorporate feedback into the product.

• Thank you everyone for the feedback! I've shared all of your comments with our product team so that they're aware that a PIN code unlock option is something that you'd like to see in 1Password 8. 🙂

ref: IDEA-I-1222

• petermcm
    petermcm
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P
    Thanks for the official reply BUT please re-read all the comments as they all say:
    NEED to see (not like to see).

Please give an ETA for PIN code unlocks return

• brlancer
    brlancer
    Community Member
    Options

+1

I have an iPhone 10 X.

Apple screwed something up with this model and the Face ID camera is broken.

I'd very much like to have the option to enter a pin instead of master password every time.

This is the only use case where not having Face ID matters to me. I have not missed it until I started using 1Password.

I've literally considered shelling out $160 to replace the Face ID camera simply so that I don't have to keep entering my entire master password for every auto fill.

Please bring back passcode unlock for iOS!

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2022
    Options

@zoam

Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

et al.

Thanks. I've let the team know you're interested in seeing this feature return.

• Pleasantview
    Pleasantview
    Community Member
    Options

I know your team has already been overwhelmed by requests for this feature, but I too want to say that the PIN feature is a non-negotiable.

• trebor66
    trebor66
    Community Member
    Options

Supporting the remarks about getting back the PIN code unlock option in Version 8.

• HNDRPNDR
    HNDRPNDR
    Community Member
    Options

I also want to chime in to request the reinstatement of the PIN number option into 1Password 8. I use 1Password significantly on the phone for auto fill into apps and browsers and the secure password is cumbersome to enter that many times daily. I’d be much happier to be able to use a pin like in 1P7 although you could let the user decide between its length of 4-8 digits.

• Hi folks - thanks for the additional votes here. I've updated our feature request with each. 👍

• RobTX
    RobTX
    Community Member
    Options

The lack of commitment to a release date for this feature is troubling. The decision to remove this feature without polling customers is equaling troubling. Sadly, I’ve lost confidence in the development team. They seem to be out of touch with users. I decided to migrate to Bitwarden and have the same functionality at a lower cost.

This discussion has been closed.