Firefox keyboard shortcut does not direct to the correct window [RESOLVED in 3.9.14]

pauLee
pauLee
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I have sometimes a strange behavior.

If I use two different browser windows (I don´t mean the tabs) and I want to open the browser extension with the my keyboard shortcut, 1PW jumps to my other browser window and open the extension but showing the complete wrong entry of credentials (mostly credentials from another website in another tab).

I hope you understand what I mean. To make it better visible I have recorded the behavior ... see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6esxugoi0k9lak/1pw.wmv

It starts that I want to login to a website calles OTRS. In second 2 I do the keyboard shortcut on that website and the browser window changes and the extensions shows me some other credentials.

This is very annoying because it also happens if I want to save new credentials on another website. The extension jumps to another window and I can only click "Save" to the new credentials without the possibility to edit the name of the credentials, because I can not click into the name field.

I hope that can be fixed - I have this bug since some month!

Cheers, Tom

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

This was a known issue in old versions of the extension, but it shouldn't exist if you are up to date with everything. What versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Firefox, and (3) the 1Password Firefox extension are you using?

RM4393

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

Firefox 21.0, 1PW 1.0.9.332, 1PW Extension 3.9.10b2

I have seen, that 1PW Extension is already at 3.9.19 ... why does 1PW does not update the extension?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Extension updates are handled by each browser. 1Password doesn't have any control over them. Automatic extension updates are enabled by default, but perhaps you disabled them yourself.

You can toggle "Update Add-ons Automatically" in Firefox's Add-ons Manager like this:

In that same menu there is an option to manually "Check for Updates".

Please let me know if you're still having trouble after updating to the current version of the 1Password extension.

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

It was set to "Update Add-ons Automatically" but the 1PW Extension has never been updated. Could it be caused I installed a beta version?

It would be nice if 1PW can warn me, If I have an outdated extension installed, because 1PW knows the version of the extension.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It was set to "Update Add-ons Automatically" but the 1PW Extension has never been updated. Could it be caused I installed a beta version?

The beta channel updates automatically in the same manner that the stable channel does.

It would be nice if 1PW can warn me, If I have an outdated extension installed, because 1PW knows the version of the extension.

If automatic updates aren't working, though, then the version data it has may be incorrect.

Were you able to update to or install the current version of the extension? Are things working well now? I just want to make sure. :)

Cheers!

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

I did an update of the extension with a download of the extension from the Agilebits webseite https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

If this fixes the problem I will see with the time ... I´am not working very often with two different browser windows. I like to have 50 tabs opened in one window :D

For the moment the problem should be fixed. Thanks for all!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great! Please do keep me posted if you have any further trouble. :D

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.