Autofill doesn't work for some sites

Aquadoc
Aquadoc
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Autofill username and passwords doesn't work for some sites (like my bank) on the Win10 version, so I have to cut-and-paste from the 1Password popup. However it works fine for the same sites on my MacAir and my i-Phone (wait - was this program written by the MacMafia?). How can I fix this? I've tried editing the logon in 1 password, re-recordiing it, etc. Seems like there's a hidden switch or "preference" I can't find, or the bank's software is blocking autofill somehow? But why just for Windows 10?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: latest Windows 10, latest Mac
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:autofill doesn't work for some sites on the Windows 10 version, but works fine on my MacAir

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Aquadoc, sorry for the delay in response. Can you point me to a couple of those sites that do not fill with 1Password on your Windows computer? What browser are you using? What steps are you taking to fill on those sites?

• Aquadoc
    Aquadoc
    Community Member

It was my Wells Fargo bank account that was the biggest headache, but it was also a problem for other sites. The 1Password autofill for the WF account worked on my MacAir, but not my Windows 10 machine.

BUT, the problem has corrected itself somehow. I'm guessing an update of either Windows 10 or of the bank's software, or of 1Password? I haven't tested any of the other problem sites.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@Aquadoc It's very possible that an update to your browser, Windows 10 or the bank's site helped out. Whatever the case, I'm glad things are now working well. If you run into filling issues with any other sites, please don't hesitate to let us know about it.

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member

I'm having the same problems with my UK bank, eBay (the UK one), amazon (the UK one), my UK energy supplier, this site, profantasy software's site, so it's not as if it's one 'type' of site.

It started about a week ago. I'm having to paste passwords which is a pain in the neck.

Can anyone throw any light on things?? I'm using 1Password 8.7.1 on macOS Catalina.+

• Hi @HelenBubz,

I'm sorry for the trouble, just to clarify are you having trouble on all websites or just a random selection?

Is this a recent issue which has come to light? Does restarting your computer improve things?

Any information would be really helpful!

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

it's pretty much every site that I need to log into, @steph.giles, I just listed a selection of sites.

The only thing(s) that have changed is that I've got Malwarebytes (paid) running, rather than just sitting in my Applications folder and I've changed my antivirus from AVG to Avast.

It's been an on-going hassle where one site wouldn't let 1Password fill in my credentials but it started being real a nuisance about a fortnight ago.

Most worryingly the 1Password logo isn't appearing anywhere.

• Thank you for getting back to me with this detail @HelenBubz.

Can you let me know which browser you are using? Do you see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar next to the address bar?

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

I use Safari mainly but I have the same issues with Firefox, and yes the 1Password icon is showing on the toolbar.

I've noticed that sometimes the 1Password icon in the browser has a lock on it even when I've got 1Password open. This isn't always the case though.

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Hi @steph.giles Another thing that's ** not ** happening these days is that 1Password isn't generating passwords. Can't be sure when that started, but it's a real nuisance, having to do it manually again. I'm coming up with some decent passwords though!

• @HelenBubz

Can you let me know what happens when you click on that locked 1Password icon in your screenshot? Are you able to enter your password and see your items?

Could you also send me the URL for the website in your screenshot so I can take a closer look?

Thank you!

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

this is what happens when I click the locked 1Password icon on the browser when 1Password is shut but I cannot get it to show the sign in for my Master Password

The url is
    https://signin.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ru=https://www.ebay.co.uk/mys/overview?msfgzusjvavxzb6oxyxikxeewy=dpjiob7iabbejobn25bomldare

• Hi @HelenBubz,

It seems like 1Password in your browser is having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app. Can you give these steps a try:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

Let me know how you get on.

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member

Sorry @steph.giles for not getting back to you earlier.
    1Password 8 suddenly started behaving itself -- bar generating passwords on the fly. I have to create then every time I find I need a new log in. Then when I switch to 1Password to put the new log in details I find it has created a password!!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HelenBubz, I'm glad things are working better. Let us know if you have any other questions or run into any other issues!

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member

I'd love it if it would auto-generate passwords as well as opening websites. Ever since I switched from 1Password 7 to 8 I've had nothing but problems with logins. I've been posting the issues and people have been very helpful.

• Hi again @HelenBubz,

When you visit a sign up form you should see an inline menu suggestion appear beneath the field with a generated password. Can you confirm if this is the case? Here's our test website you can try it on: https://fill.dev/form/registration-email.

Let us know how you get on!

• HelenBubz
    HelenBubz
    Community Member

Murphey's Law kicked in as I got in, no problems. Such is life and computers!!!!!!!!

• Thanks for the update @HelenBubz, it's always the way!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.