Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Comments

• elevin
    elevin
    Community Member

Up until recently I was able to sign in to the app with my face. Since I changed my phone to 14 pro max that feature stopped working. Really annoying that I have to type my password every time I want to use the app

• Geep
    Geep
    Community Member

I recently had to reset my iphone xs and since then I havent been able to log in to 1 Password (ver 8) with Face ID.

• vetjimwoo
    vetjimwoo
    Community Member

fyi
    This is how I reverted back to 7. Working so far.
    I'm using iPhone 14 Pro iOS 16.2

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/668672/#Comment_668672

• Prt91
    Prt91
    Community Member

Hello, the problem is still here, iPhone 14 pro iOS 16.2, now is lot of months, what are you doing to fix this?

• chubsmalone
    chubsmalone
    Community Member

I've been having an issue with 1Password not unlocking with FaceID ever since I updated to iOS 16.2 on my iPhone 12. 1Password opens, the FaceID window pops up, I get a green check mark, then 1Password shakes and requires my password.

I've tried resetting FaceID, I'm not using any alternate appearances, and I'm not sure what else to do -- but I do know that typing in my master password over and over again is getting really old...

1Password Version: 8.9.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 16.2
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I have a 14 Pro Max and iPad Pro both on 16.2 and have not had this issue. I only have to enter my password on the set schedule, 2 weeks I believe.

• trainguyjohnson
    trainguyjohnson
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Any update on this? Really disappointed to see that this issue has been going on since August. I just had to reset my iPhone settings today and am now experiencing this bug on my iPhone 14 Pro Max on iOS 16.2. 1Password 8.9.7

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member

I've had the same issue on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.2. I can't find where the setting is to keep me signed in for two weeks. Does anyone know where it is on the iPhone 1Password app version 8?

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member

Where to update the setting for leaving 1Password signed in
    on my iPhone so I don't have to keep logging in? I am part of the group of use is who Face ID is not working for.

iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 16.2. Where is the setting to keep me signed in for two weeks in the iPhone 1Password app version 8?

1Password Version: 8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 16.2
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Tap your icon, Settings/Security/Face ID interval. I do have mine set to 2 weeks and it has been adhering to that schedule with no issues.

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member

Pappjo I can't find where those settings are. Please see my screen shot. And thank you for the super fast reply! Now I can't seem to upload a picture. I'll try to describe it. The bottom of the app has the home icon, vault, icon, search icon, and watch tower icon. The top of the app doesn't have anything I can tap on. Are you able to send me a screenshot of your iPhone app where the setting is please? Thank you.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

When I launch the app on my phone at the very top of the screen on the left is a generic little man icon. If you tap that then a drop down menu appears with Settings in the list. Tap that and the next screen is as shown below. Tap Security and you can set your Face ID intervals.

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

PappJo - Thank you. It didn't solve the problem because I found the settings and I had it set to 30 days. The upper left tiny icon is a picture of my dog. I didn't even think to tap on it.

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member

PappJo I just tried to work around the problem by turning off Face ID and changing the setting to two weeks. I closed the app and reopened it and I still had to enter my password. I'm going to reboot my phone for the hundredth time.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I haven’t personalized mine yet!😃 But try changing that interval. There were previous reports that the 2 week setting wasn’t being adhered to and some got it to work by changing that to one week. Maybe the 30 days creates some issue. So far 2 weeks works on both my phone and ipad. And whatever you do don’t reset all settings on your phone, that seems to be the common factor in almost all these complaints. I’ve never done that on any device and have not had any such issue with 1PW. Although I waited quite a while to migrate to 1PW 8 because of reading through these complaints. But I’ve had no problems since doing so.

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

We just missed each others posts. Good luck. You may have this bug for some reason.

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member

I didn't reset anything. I just shut it down but it didn't help. I don't have this problem on my iPad mini 5. I have the iPhone set to ask for the password after two weeks, but I'm prompted immediately to enter it. I decided to turn Face ID back on. No change.

• kurious
    kurious
    Community Member

PappJo Do you know this answer because I can't get a response to my other question please. How do I remove an empty vault from 1Password 8 for iOS on my iPhone.

By the way, I changed the time between having to enter passwords and it didn't help. I also got an email from Support stating that they have a fix and it will be in the next update.

This discussion has been closed.