Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Comments

• zacharye
    zacharye
    Community Member

My pleasure! I only wish I had the idea BEFORE I set up my new phone and logged into all my banking apps... 😂

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

This is a horrific bug, one that has been around for weeks, and all I've heard from the folks at 1P is that it is "rare." No one at 1P has even asked me for diagnostics or additional data.

I for one am completely fed up with it, and I'm extremely disappointed with how long it is taking to be fixed.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

Switching back to 1P7 is the only workaround. This bug has been around for weeks, with no solution forthcoming.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

What's sad is that the 1P team members here are acting as if they're hearing of this bug for the first time, whereas it is very well known at 1P.

The only workaround is to downgrade to 1P7. No fix forthcoming as far as I know.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P: please explain why this is taking weeks to fix. It's not rare, as one can tell from these forums.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

The only workaround is to downgrade to 1P7. Why isn't some official explanation forthcoming from the higher-ups at 1P? This problem has been known for weeks with no fix in sight.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

@Jack.P_1P, the solution that you describe will require those following it to sign again into every app that uses logins.

It would be interesting to know whether the problem is fixed when restoring from a local backup, which would preserve the logins.

It should also be pointed out that 1P8 is the only app I know of suffering from this problem.

• outrider
    outrider
    Community Member

Hi!
    After upgrading to iOS 16 Face ID does not work for the 1Password app. Every time it requires the master password to be entered, claiming that the first time the password must be entered to start using Face ID.

I have tried to restart and remove Face ID but nothing resolves this problem.

Please assist

• Hi @outrider

It would be helpful if we could see what's happening behind the scenes in 1Password, so I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

— Grey

• karlitos5
    karlitos5
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hello the same thing happens to me exactly the same I will do the diagnosis and send also to help me. Thank you

• karlitos5
    karlitos5
    Community Member

Hello another one that happens to you and send the diagnosis with the mail, but not received the support id I hope soon it is solved greeting sorry for my English is translated thanks

• glowa1313
    glowa1313
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P is there any update ?

• iamaydo
    iamaydo
    Community Member

My problem is similar to yours except Face ID authentication has completely stopped working on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1, I get the message to enter account password to use Face ID then the next time I go to use 1Password I see the Face ID animation and a checkmark showing it was successful, but before the animation is over 1Password already has a message that says "That didn't work. Check your password and try again" resetting Face ID, toggling autofill off/on, deleting and re-installing 1Password, nothing fixes the 1Password Face ID authentication, it's stuck. Meanwhile Face ID works fine for everything else.

• dgold105
    dgold105
    Community Member

I'm another one having the same issue. Reset All Settings on my iPhone running ios16. Before that 1Password 8 was working fine with Face ID. Now, like with others, it acts like it is working and gives the tick but then it makes me put in the password. Deleting and reinstalling the app doesn't fix.

• iamaydo
    iamaydo
    Community Member

I'm also have the same problem. Face ID authentication has completely stopped working on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1, I get the message to enter account password to use Face ID then the next time I go to use 1Password I see the Face ID animation and a checkmark showing it was successful, but before the animation is over 1Password already has a message that says "That didn't work. Check your password and try again" resetting Face ID, toggling autofill off/on, deleting and re-installing 1Password, nothing fixes the 1Password Face ID authentication, it's stuck. Meanwhile Face ID works fine for everything else. It's concerning that this issue has been going on for over a month in this thread and 1Password are still "investigating".

• Hi @karlitos5:

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue on your iOS device. We've received your email and someone will be back in touch as soon as possible to help you further :)

• karlitos5
    karlitos5
    Community Member

Hello jac.pd_1p thank you for answering at the moment not and I could make it work in password 8 I had to go down to password 7 and that works perfect, I will be aware of the greetings emails

• zacharye
    zacharye
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

hey @jac.pd_1p, just checking in to see if there are any updates. Is this something they're working on fixing? Low priority?

Thanks

(EDIT: I guess it's impossible to @ you here, so hopefully you see this...)

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member

Wow, for real 1Password are you expecting for us to do a factory restore to fix this Face ID issue? I know you said that this is just one of the options to fix this now, but I think it’s crazy to even suggest that.

I’ve been having this issue on my iPad Pro ever since moved to 1Password 8. Obviously, iPadOS 16 is still not out, so I’m not even able to check if it would fix this. In any case, as others pointed above, you app is the only one having issues with Face ID, and it’s probably the most important one to have it running considering the implications of having to type a Master Password every time. 1Password is not usable in this state

• @zacharye

Thank you for following up. Our developers are still investigating the issue and I don't have a public-facing update to share at the moment. The team is aware that this is a disruptive issue and hopefully we'll have a fix to share in a future update to 1Password 8 for iOS. I appreciate your patience and I want to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused everyone affected.

In the meantime, my colleague Jack has a posted a workaround however it should only be attempted by technically savvy users who are comfortable with factory resetting their iPhone and restoring from an iCloud backup (since data loss is possible): https://1password.community/discussion/comment/657234/#Comment_657234

-Dave

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari Extension Started Asking For Password For Every Auto Fill.
  • Hello @iamaydo! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that Face ID isn't working with 1Password on your iPhone. I've split your ticket away from the other thread since it sounds like you're experiencing a slightly different issue that our developers are currently investigating. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#15937

• zacharye
    zacharye
    Community Member

Appreciate the update - thanks

• iamaydo
    iamaydo
    Community Member

Hello @Dave_1P,

Thank you for your response. Here is the Support ID number: #GQE-15221-222

Thanks again.

• idawood
    idawood
    Community Member

I had to reset my FaceID, and now I'm also facing this issue. No matter what I do, 1Password v8 does not accept FaceID. Its been a few weeks since this issue was reported, and no fix is in sight.

• iamaydo
    iamaydo
    Community Member

@odysseus I just restored from my MacBook and it fixed 1Password's Face ID issue. I hope they can identify the cause and fix it soon. There will be more cases in the coming weeks as people upgrade to iOS 16 and need to reset their settings, it's buggy to say the least.

• Thanks @iamaydo

We have it. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: GQE-15221-222

• yuleihit
    yuleihit
    Community Member

Same problem. What’s the meaning of Subscription for a bug not fixed for months

• JR16
    JR16
    Community Member

I’ve got the same issue, Face ID stopped working after I reset all settings in order to fix the spotlight indexing bug in iOS 16

This discussion has been closed.