Face ID Not Working [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

Options

Comments

• katrina1p
    katrina1p
    Community Member
    Options

Seriously disappointing 1P. You finally have us Apple Watch back to 1P8 but still haven’t fixed FaceID? These are basic tools now. Get your act in gear.

• mcgimpseyr
    mcgimpseyr
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I also have this issue. Support number is YUS-89642-498

• Hacktron
    Hacktron
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P are there honestly zero updates from the company so far on this issue? Even just acknowledgement of a problem would be a step.

• Hi @Hacktron:

Thanks for following up. The development team has found the cause of the problem and the specific parts of iOS that 1Password interacts with. They're actively working on a solution for the root cause of the problem. We're absolutely aware of the impact not having Touch ID or Face ID available to unlock 1Password causes and we're hoping to have something more to share on this soon.

Jack

• Hacktron
    Hacktron
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P thank you.

• texascritter
    texascritter
    Community Member
    Options

Same here - I have the same problem. I am using 1Password 8 and have tried turning off and on Face ID, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I just sent diagnostics report with the link to this thread. I haven't received a support ID yet.

• texascritter
    texascritter
    Community Member
    Options

Also very frustrating that I'm not getting a support ID back after sending the diagnostics report. Have sent twice now, nothing back from the automated bot.

• vblacud
    vblacud
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same problem. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

• pvalle123
    pvalle123
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue for months, so I...

1.- Deleted all 1Password apps on my iPhone
    2.- Closed all apps running in the background (including Safari)
    3.- Then reinstalled 1Password 8 and follow all the setup instructions.
    3.- Enter my one password and it worked!

I hope this helps!

• Si69
    Si69
    Community Member
    Options

I recently had to reset my phone settings in the Apple store after a problem. iPhone 13 Pro. Since then 1 password will not open with face ID on the phone. All other devices is fine. Have tried reinstalling and toggling lots of settings on and off. Always says you need to enter your account password before you can use face id. Please advise how I can fix this.

1Password Version: latest
    Extension Version: latest
    OS Version: iOS
    Browser:_ safari
    Referrer: forum-search:face id

• Hello @Si69,

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing with Face ID after resetting your phone. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• jkratz
    jkratz
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Having the exact same issue after a reset. Face ID working fine everywhere else.

I just sent a diagnostics file per the instructions above.

• Thanks, @jkratz!

• Si69
    Si69
    Community Member
    Options

Sent thanks. Received no email reply yet

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

same issue. will send diagnostics

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Support IDnumber QPD-82677-474

• Si69
    Si69
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID number PLG-91576-457

• Whyuniqueusername
    Whyuniqueusername
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue after changing my password on 1Password website. Since then the app always ask for the password not using face id at all.

• xyzulu
    xyzulu
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

This is a months old issue (touchid stops working after phone reset).. still shocks me that many 1password staff don't acknowledge this when new threads are posted on this issue. The only "solution" right now is to go back to v7 on iOS. For a post from a staff member on this issue, see: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/659092/#Comment_659092

• Si69
    Si69
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update

• Alex_F
    Alex_F
    Community Member
    Options

After resetting my iPhone 11 Pro Max, Face ID no longer works. I am asked for the password every time. All settings in 1Password and iPhone settings are correct. How can I fix this problem?

• jkratz
    jkratz
    Community Member
    Options

Well no another “solution” is to erase the phone and restore from backup. Personally I’d rather do that than go back to version 7.

• kennycwu
    kennycwu
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hi all, I had the same issue, I have downgraded to 1Password 7 on my iPad, and Face ID is now back if you are a recent subscriber to 1Password after they released 1Password 8, ur out of luck at the moment.

• Geriko
    Geriko
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello I have the same problem since yesterday after a settings reset .. It even gives me the tick that Face ID has unlocked 1Password but then it asks me for the password, for now I'm back to 7 which works regularly and it's definitely an app problem, what I'm wondering is why we've all done these hard resets or settings resets ? Is there a common reason? Because then the problem could change .. but that's my guess****

• RyanAtTGH
    RyanAtTGH
    Community Member
    Options

@pvalle123 I just tried that, but it was not successful for me.

This has been very frustrating. Face Id shows the check mark like it authenticates, but 1P fails to unlock with it.

• prokiner
    prokiner
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve had the same experience as @RyanAtTGH; a settings reset this morning and now 1Password will no longer authenticate with Face ID. I’ve downloaded version 7 and am at least back up and running. Other Face ID-dependent apps are working as expected.

• idawood
    idawood
    Community Member
    Options

Still no response

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried the Autofill workaround that the 1Password folks suggested a while back? That is fine for me as a workaround. It displays a "key" icon button that you press and it does faceid and lets you select a 1Password entry for filling onto the current web page (in Safari on iOS or iPadOS). Turn it on from Settings-Passwords-Password Options-Allow Filling from 1Password.

• RedFoxy
    RedFoxy
    Community Member
    Options

I've same issue with iPhone 11 Pro Max 16.0.2 and lastes 1Password 8.9.6, I can't use autofill and I can't unlock main app with face id, it does the face id cycle right than 1Password fails to login

Here you can see the trouble: https://youtube.com/shorts/zWEqApEOB_4?feature=share

My other topic: https://1password.community/discussion/134775/face-id-doesnt-work-anymore/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.