More than one item with ID "<uuid>" exists

Options
DutchDelight
DutchDelight
Community Member
$ op item get uwtkmr4vqt4fomwirclmesdr44 --format json |less

[ERROR] 2022/08/18 11:02:34 More than one item with ID "uwtkmr4vqt4fomwirclmesdr44" exist. Try again and specify the item's vault:
        * for the item "github.com/Username" in vault ao: --vault ba4w3mhcmdiopcjanx4e26odnu
        * for the item "github.com/Username" in vault ao: --vault ba4w3mhcmdiopcjanx4e26odnu

This suddenly stopped working while I didn't touch that entry. Nothing is mentioned in the log. How can I fix this? There is only one entry called "github.com/Username" in any vault.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @DutchDelight ,

This is most likely a cache-related bug. We have encountered this for one other user, and are currently investigating it.
    In the meantime, can you please let us know what version of the CLI are you using? Also, your OS would be helpful, such that we can recommend a local solution.

Best,
    Horia

• DutchDelight
    DutchDelight
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Horia.Culea_1P ,

Here's the requested info:

❯ pacman -Qs 1password
    local/1password 8.8.0-203
        Password manager and secure wallet
    local/1password-cli 2.6.1-1
        1Password command line tool

❯ op --version

~
    ❯ uname -a
    Linux asgard 5.19.1-arch2-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:06:13 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• Hi @DutchDelight, thanks for reporting this. Could you please let me know if the issue persists when running the command with caching disabled? That is: op item get uwtkmr4vqt4fomwirclmesdr44 --format json --cache false | less.

Best,
    Andi

• DutchDelight
    DutchDelight
    Community Member
    Options

@andi.t_1P I've also been talking to Erik via e-mail, and I've already remade the item. I'll keep this in mind should this happen again.

• Thanks, I have been trying to reproduce this behaviour for a while now but with no success. Would you have any recollection of a scenario in which this issue appeared? I will keep an eye out for this.

Best,
    Andi

This discussion has been closed.