1password keeps re-writing username on all sites

Options
sonicsoul
sonicsoul
Community Member
edited August 2022 in Lounge

whenever i try to use auto fill (1password chrome plugin, or mac desktop app) it keeps updating username to my email address in all caps.

even when i have the correct username already filled in, it will replace it with that all caps email.
i have to manually re-type username and on second try i can fill in just the password.

this is happening on multiple sites.

i checked that the entry in my 1password desktop app has correct username, and no duplicates.

how can i clear this cached all caps email from being auto populated ??

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @sonicsoul:

Does this occur when you use ⌘+\ (or your custom Autofill shortcut if you've changed it from default) as well as using the menu that appears directly on the field in the website, or just when you use ⌘+\ to fill?

Let me know.

Jack

• sonicsoul
    sonicsoul
    Community Member
    Options

it happens when i do ⌘+\

• Hey @sonicsoul:

Thanks for clarifying! It sounds like you may have run into a bug that we've fixed up in our beta and nightly releases. If you look through your Login items, is there an item that has a Linked App for Google Chrome? If there is an item that's been linked to Chrome, edit it, and remove that link. That should prevent Universal Autofill from trying to fill it every time.

If you'd like to give the beta release a try after resolving the linked app, follow the steps here: Use 1Password beta releases

Jack

• sonicsoul
    sonicsoul
    Community Member
    Options

hmm thank you for the quick response.

i upgraded to beta, but now nothing gets filled in.
    i am logged into the desktop app.

my version:
    1Password for Mac 8.9.4
    80904012, on BETA channel

but link is not pre-populating username or password.

also not sure about login items chrome linked apps.

here is what i see under login items

• Hi @sonicsoul:

My apologies, when I was referring to Login items, I mean your Login items inside 1Password. The one that has been linked to Google Chrome (and shows as a Linked App) will be the one that needs to be edited.

Jack

• sonicsoul
    sonicsoul
    Community Member
    Options

ah thanks that makes more sense :)
    there was one linked with my email in all caps so that's likely the issue!

autofill shortcut is still no longer working. i verified in settings it's still the same ⇧⌘]

• sonicsoul
    sonicsoul
    Community Member
    Options

is chrome extension required? i tried it but i found it super annoying because chrome extension does not pre-populate, you have to choose a dropdown and click on the login item (even if there is only one).

that's why i like the desktop autofill more

This discussion has been closed.