MISSING PIN CODE TO UNLOCK (1password 8)

2»

Comments

• psiclopzpsiclopz
    Community Member

It's been three months, is there an update regarding this? Or are we just never going to upgrade to version 8 again?

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @psiclopz, thanks for following up with us. We tend to keep things pretty close to the chest, so I do not have any updates to share at this time.

• andrey123andrey123
    Community Member
    edited November 25

Hey 1pass people, how is it considered acceptable to release a new version of an application that comes with reduction of featurs? On my main phone I had 1pass 8 installed and I barely noticed increased quality of life of the update. Then I lost it and have to use a temp phone without fingerprint sensor and now the app is barely usable. I also have a tablet without fingerprint sensor and I will never update to 1pass 8 until this is resolved.

• ag_timothyag_timothy

Team Member

Hi @andrey123, thanks for sharing your feedback.

1Password 8 is a new app built from the ground up. As most Android devices running Android 9 or newer include a fingerprint scanner, we opted to focus on that as a quick unlock option. As you and other's have mentioned, there are scenarios in which a second option, such as PIN unlock would be useful and I can certainly see the benefit. I've gone ahead and shared your thoughts with the team. Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file