Can set PIN code on 1Password8 for iOS

cruise2001cruise2001
Community Member

Good Evening.

I have used 1Password for about a decade, ..however today I have had to revert to an old version (7) on iOS. My wife who uses neither TouchID or FaceID on her iOS devices complained that she can no longer use a PIN code to open 1Password...I use biometrics and thought perhaps i missed a setting. But I looked and and there is no way to set a PIN code in 1Password 8.

Will this feature be re-introduced?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Hello @cruise2001! 👋

As mentioned in the thread that you linked to, 1Password 8 does not currently support PIN code unlock. Was there any particular reason why your wife isn't using Touch ID or Face ID to unlock 1Password on her iPhone/iPad? If there are any security concerns then we've outlined the security processes that we've implemented here:

That being said, we do have a feature request open to bring back PIN code unlock and I've added your comments there so that our product team is aware that this is something you'd like to see. 😊

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1222

• bm206bm206
    Community Member

I want the Face ID of iOS back. If Face ID fails then Passcode! Like in 1PW7.

• RobTXRobTX
    Community Member

I don’t want anyone having the ability to grab my phone and hold it up to my face to unlock all of my logins and passwords. Face ID is only secure if you’re alone. As a security professional, I want the additional factor of something I know that you don’t.

• zoamzoam
    Community Member

My face id isn't working because of water damage.
    How can I downgrade to 1password 7?

• virgofxvirgofx
    Community Member

+1

• brlancerbrlancer
    Community Member

+1

I have an iPhone 10 X.

Apple screwed something up with this model and the Face ID camera is broken.

I'd very much like to have the option to enter a pin instead of master password every time.

This is the only use case where not having Face ID matters to me. I have not missed it until I started using 1Password.

I've literally considered shelling out $160 to replace the Face ID camera simply so that I don't have to keep entering my entire master password for every auto fill.

Please bring back passcode unlock for iOS!

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited September 23

@zoam

Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

et al.

Thanks. I've let the team know you're interested in seeing this feature return.

ref: IDEA-I-1222

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file