1Password slow to unlock

battis
battis
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

It seems like 1Password is slow to unlock (at least perceptually) on my partner's MacBook. As far as I can tell, it seems like its worst the first time after a fresh reboot (suggesting that something gets cached that helps speed up the unlocking later on), and that it's slower using Touch ID than a password (although there may be other variables).

The usual use case is browsing in Chrome and unlocking 1Password using the browser extension.

And she's running on a 2019 MacBook Air with an intel 1.6GHz i5... that she hates because it's slow at other things too. But the two biggest pain points she's identified are logging into the computer and unlocking 1Password.

Wondering if there are troubleshooting steps to take that might identify (or improve) the problem?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 11.6.8
Browser:_ Chrome 104.0.5112.101

Comments

• phirenze
    phirenze
    Community Member

I have the same problem. It is painstakingly slow to unlock. Often I forgo letting 1P populate credentials and just fill it in manually because it is WAY faster than waiting for 1P to unlock. And then more slowness waiting for it to offer the various logins for that site. This new version of 1P has been nothing but problems for me. It is no longer quick and efficient. It's a struggle to use.

• PixelSushiRobot
    PixelSushiRobot
    Community Member

Bumping this thread.

It doesn't used to be like that so wondering if it has something to do with Ventura. Now when I click on a text field for the first time, it takes a while for 1P to show me the unlock prompt. Then again takes a while to show the list of logins.

• 1Password for Mac 8.9.8
    • 1Password Extension 2.4.1
    • MacOS Ventura 13.0
    • Brave Browser 1.45.116
This discussion has been closed.