1P8 Edit cannot copy-paste with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts

Options
nukmicah
nukmicah
Community Member

I have a Login with a bunch of text and password fields. I want to copy-paste data between them, but was surprised to find Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V only work in the header field, not the content field. Copy and Paste do work from the right-click menu in the content field, but not from the keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl+A does work in the content field, but not Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V.
right-click menu copy paste

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @nukmicah, thanks for reaching out. This is certainly a puzzling issue. I've attempted to reproduce it but have been unable to.

I created an item with two text fields and was able to copy and paste the content between them using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V:

I'm curious whether there are other factors resulting in the issue you're experiencing. If you copied some text from outside of 1Password, are you able to paste it into the content field using Ctrl+V? Similarly, if you use Ctrl+C for text inside the content field, are you able to paste the text outside of 1Password? I'd also like to ask whether you're able to reproduce this issue if you create a new item?

Looking forward to your reply!

Ali

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

Hm, it's working today. My keyboard is going bad, I've noticed the Ctrl key only seems to press 90% of the time. Maybe when I tested this it somehow consistently failed when I was copy-pasting with content field versus header field. Anyhoo, please stop investigating! I will respond here if I end up getting the same issue again and am confident it's not just my keyboard!

• Hey @nukmicah, thanks for the update. A keyboard going bad would definitely explain things!

In any case, I'm glad to hear things are working today. We'll be here to help if the keyboard doesn't turn out to be the culprit 😄

Ali

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

I cannot copy-paste text in the title, either with hotkeys or right-click menu, either in new login or when editing existing login.
    1Password for Windows 8.9.10 (80910043)

• Hi @nukmicah, thanks for reaching out to report this! I can confirm that this is a known issue at the moment, and I've added you to the list of affected users.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know!

ref: dev/core/core#5218

• zebdro
    zebdro
    Community Member
    Options

I came here to report and resolve this same issue.

• Thanks for your message, @zebdro!

The team continues to work on fix and you should be seeing it in the near future. You can keep an eye out for updates to 1Password 8 here in our, 1Password Releases.

Let us know if you have any further concerns.

This discussion has been closed.