High latency on Safari

gardenburgers
gardenburgers
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi team,

I'm trying out 1Password and considering switching from LastPass. I don't have a frame of reference for the whole v7 vs v8 aspect, but I'm getting a very high lag when using the Safari extension + application. At first I thought that it just didn't work - I'll click fields and nothing will happen - but I realized that if I click once and wait for 15-20 seconds, it will do what it's supposed to. I suspect a lot of users are having a similar problem and think it's not working.

This latency issue is present for most aspects of form fill (clicking the 1P button in a field, clicking the 1P button in the Safari header and going to "Password Generator", automatically suggesting new passwords, etc.), but the "Cmd+\" seems to work ok. Most of the time the lag is between 10-30 seconds, but infrequently it will be fast (<1 second). I know it works - and it's fine on my phone so far - but taking so long to just load the 1P popup in Safari has me reconsidering the switch. LastPass certainly has many of its own issues but at least it's instantaneous across all mediums.

Is this something top of mind for the team to fix?

Thanks for your input!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari

This discussion has been closed.