1Password8 Chrome extension not working

JBG123
JBG123
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

After years of using 1Password7 without issue, I upgraded to 1Password8 and created a 1Password.com account. That's when the problems started. Here is what I cannot do:

• Fill in username or password in web page form field using 'use 1Password' icon in form field. Nothing happens
  • auto fill username or password in web page form field using keyboard shortcut. Nothing happens
  • Click 1Password browser extension button and click Open 1Password button. Nothing happens

The only thing that works is the desktop app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the browser extension.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome.
I have tried using Chrome with only the 1Password8 browser extension installed.

I am very frustrated and hope you can help.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Win 10 Pro build 19043
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• JBG123
    JBG123
    Community Member

I posted this in Windows topic in error. Posting in topic: 1Password in the browser.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JBG123, sorry for the issues that you're seeing. Could you try the following to see if it helps?

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test the extension at https://fill.dev/form/login-simple. Save a test login and try filling it.

If that doesn't help, I'd like you to reproduce the problem and send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.