Chrome extension not working

After years of using 1Password7 without issue, I upgraded to 1Password8 and created a 1Password.com account. That's when the problems started. Here is what I cannot do:

• Fill in username or password in web page form field using 'use 1Password' icon in form field. Nothing happens
  • auto fill username or password in web page form field using keyboard shortcut. Nothing happens
  • Click 1Password browser extension button and click Open 1Password button. Nothing happens

The only thing that works is the desktop app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the browser extension.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome.
I have tried using Chrome with only the 1Password8 browser extension installed.

I am very frustrated and hope you can help.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Win 10 Pro build 19043
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Mattwill
    Mattwill
    Community Member

I am having the exact same issue. It has persisted for 2-3 weeks now and I am finally frustrated enough to post here about it. The main point of using 1password as a time saver is lost due to this issue

• Mihaly
    Mihaly
    Community Member

Quit 1Pasword on the desktop.
    Click to open 1Password in the browser.
    Open 1Password on the desktop.
    Now the 1Password should be open in the browser and can be used to fill login info.

• raypedia
    raypedia
    Community Member

Followed this advice many times... quitting 1P on desktop (Mac) and quitting Chrome, opening both fresh, still does not resolve. About every other day I need to completely remove the Chrome plugin and reinstall it, then it works for a few days until it doesn't. Cycling everything brings no joy; have to uninstall/reinstall the plugin. This is getting very annoying.

1Password 8.8.0 (Mac) (80800203 on Production channel)
    Extension: 2.3.7
    Browser: Chrome 104.0.5112.101 (Official Build) (arm64)

• JBG123
    JBG123
    Community Member

@Mihaly, thanks, but that does not resolve the problem for me.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @JBG123, I saw that you posted about this multiple times. I've replied to one of your threads already. Let's keep the conversation in one place to ensure that there's no back and forth.

As for the issues you all are seeing @Mattwill @raypedia, please try the following to reset the browser integration connection:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Fully quit 1Password app and browser.
    4. Restart the 1Password app and then open browser.
    5. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    6. Under General, re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    7. Test things out with the extension.

If that doesn't help, I'd like you to reproduce the issue you're seeing and then send over the following so we can take a closer look at what may be going on:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• JBG123
    JBG123
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Thanks for you help @Joy_1P . I was the OP on 2 posts: this one and one I accidentally posted in the Windows thread. I may have chimed in elsewhere. I'll follow your instructions and reply back here. Thanks again.

• Zorro1
    Zorro1
    Community Member

I don't find 1 Password consistent. I started using it, and all was well. I can log in and use some of my saved websites. Now, I can't save new websites or edit new websites. This is an ongoing problem, and I can't use it in Safari. I have saved 1Password in the Safari extensions, but every time I switch from Chrome to Safari I receive the same message. Frustrated with iPassword.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@JBG123 No problem. Please let us know if the issues continue and we can help from there.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@Zorro1 Sorry to hear about the troubles. I'd like to ask a few questions to clarify what is going on:

Now, I can't save new websites or edit new websites. This is an ongoing problem, and I can't use it in Safari.

What steps are you taking to save your logins? What steps are you taking to edit your logins? Do you have any issues with filling your logins? Do you see the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar?

I have saved 1Password in the Safari extensions, but every time I switch from Chrome to Safari I receive the same message.

What is the message that you're receiving? Do you see the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar?

• JBG123
    JBG123
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P , I submitted my support email and received a reply with my Support ID [#WXT-87122-284]. Thanks for your help.

• Thanks @JBG123

It's here. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: WXT-87122-284

• JBG123
    JBG123
    Community Member

I received an email from 1P support and my issue is now resolved. It was a billing status known issue.

This discussion has been closed.