To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Save my version of 1password (first version) on my new computer.

RemyM
RemyM
Community Member

Hello everyone

I have the first version of «1password», with purchase of the application and not by subscription.

I have just changed my computer (mac) and as long as I do not enter a subscription number my version is restricted (no possibility to enter new information, welcome panel at the opening, etc.)

I am sure that there is a possibility to enter my license number (since the purchase included all future versions), but I did not find either the menu or the corresponding instructions.

A little help would be nice.
Thank you in advance.

Remy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @RemyM:

While you're entitled to use the version of 1Password you've purchased a license for as long as it runs on your system, a license for 1Password doesn't come with future versions of 1Password. For example, purchasing 1Password 6 for Mac did not include an upgrade for 1Password 7 for Mac.

What version of 1Password do you have a license for? Let me know.

Jack

• RemyM
    RemyM
    Community Member

Hello Jack

Thank for your answer. I understand why i dont find the process ...

I've buy this version : 1Password, v5.1 (4+), and now on my older computer it's a 6.8.9 version.

Remy

• Hi @RemyM:

In that case, please reach out to us at support+tradein@1password.com, as we'd be best able to assist you there. Just so you're aware, we no longer sell standalone licenses, so updating to 1Password 8 would require migrating to a 1Password account, and the team there will be able to assist you with that.

Jack

• RemyM
    RemyM
    Community Member

Ok, thank for your answer. I’ll get in touch with them.

Remy

• You're most welcome. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.