incomplete import from Lastpass

Options
steenth
steenth
Community Member

I created a cvs file and imported it to 1pw. The credit card data is messed up. The expiration dates are wrong and the 3 digit codes are missing. I would like to start over, is there a way to delete everything on 1pw?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Browser:_ firefox

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@steenth

It's easier to do this type of bulk work using the Desktop app. If you want to delete all of your items in your vault(s), just select all of them, and Delete them (vs. Archive).

If you are still having trouble with your Lastpass import the next time you try it, reply back here and I'll offer another option for you to try.

• steenth
    steenth
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, so now I have compounded the issue. I imported the file twice and have my default vault loaded with dupes. Can I change the default vault? Can I remove duplicates? I cannot figure out how to select all. I am using a desktop to manage this initial set up. Thanks again

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2022
    Options

@steenth

I'm not sure which version of 1Password you are using. Can you indicate version of the Desktop app?

Generally, go to the Vault where the contents are, that you want to delete, then do Control - A to select All. Then Right-click the selected items, and select Delete.

Be sure that you are deleting only the items you want deleted. It's unclear which vault your items were imported into, nor if you have other items that you don't want deleted. So be cautious here.

Can I change the default vault?

This depends on which version of 1Password you are running, hence the question above.

Can I remove duplicates?

This also depends on which version of 1Password you are using - version 7 has a tool to help remove duplicates, version 8 does not yet.

• steenth
    steenth
    Community Member
    Options

Version 2.3.7, While I can delete any vault that I have added, I do not have the option to delete primary "personal" vault. It also appears that firefox does not allow me to select all in the vault. Using ctrl A or other methods. Thanks for the help!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@steenth

Ah, I see, you are using the Browser Extension.

You need the Desktop app to do what you need. Since this was posted in the Windows forum, I had assumed you were using the Desktop app. Can you try it there?

• steenth
    steenth
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for confusion. I am using Window 10, with Firefox. I have been going directly to 1Password.com using the browser all along. I cannot delete the primary vault or select all within the vault going directly to the website or using the extension. I’ve been trying to avoid having to delete 400 entries by hand but at this point I’m not optimistic. Thanks for your help

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@steenth

No problem, understood. Lots of version numbers, apps, interfaces, extensions to keep track of.

If you are able, just download the Windows desktop app, add the account, and do it in the desktop app. The desktop apps are generally the easiest way to do bulk management.

• steenth
    steenth
    Community Member
    Options

With the Windows app, I was able to delete the original import. The credit card data still needed updating as the expiration dates did not transfer. Thanks for your help again!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Outstanding, @steenth !

Sounds like you're good to go then.

Not sure why the expiration dates didn't transfer, but LastPass has had a variety of date variations over the years. My lastpass converter in the converter suite has heuristics to try to detect valid dates, and it will convert them appropriately when they are matched. Otherwise, a bad date value would go to the Notes area of the record.

Do you have a lot of these missing values?

This discussion has been closed.