Accidentally rejected family member and she lost all her passwords when account was recovered

illi4a
illi4a
Community Member

Hi. My partner and I ran into a huge problem. We are on a family account and today I saw that the other family member is still 'pending' in the 'people' list. I pressed 'reject' wanting to just resend the invite, but her account was basically deleted.
I added her again and started recovery so she got new emergency kit and new secret key. She logged in and discovered that none of her personal items in her vault (all the passwords) are not available anymore. If she tries to recover using the older emergency kit, she gets a message 'the account was deleted'.

Could someone please help? This is a state of emergency for us as we have been heavily reliant on 1Password and it contains passwords from key services we need to use over the next few days. I sent a request to support via the contact us form but haven't got any responses and neither did I get a confirmation that my request was received.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @illi4a

I'm sorry to hear about this difficulty. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

My partner and I ran into a huge problem. We are on a family account and today I saw that the other family member is still 'pending' in the 'people' list. I pressed 'reject' wanting to just resend the invite, but her account was basically deleted.

The only way to recover here would be if your partner has any devices that they've set 1Password up on but have not opened it since their account was rejected. If that is the case, please have them turn off internet access on that device until we can assist them with getting their data. If they are able to find such a device and get the internet access turned off on it please let us know, and also let us know what sort of device it is (Mac, Windows, iPhone, Android, etc).

I sent a request to support via the contact us form but haven't got any responses and neither did I get a confirmation that my request was received.

I do not see any emails in our inbox from the email address that you have associated with your account for the 1Password Support Community. Because this is a public forum, please do not post the email address if so, but did you perhaps use a different email address on the contact form than what you use here?

Thank you.

Ben

• Hi @illi4a

I wanted to check in and see how you are making out with this situation. Did you end up getting this sorted out? If not, I would encourage you to send an email to support+security@1password.com with a link to this thread (https://1password.community/discussion/133198/accidentally-rejected-family-member-and-she-lost-all-her-passwords-when-account-was-recovered). Our security team would like to further investigate the situation for you to see if there are any other paths forward.

Ben

• illi4a
    illi4a
    Community Member

Hi @Ben , thank you for following up. I'm in contact with support which has been pretty slow unfortunately (they answer once every 2-4 days) and the issue is still unresolved. The last request was to delete my partner's account so that they could recover it but the account has already been deleted. We really need these passwords asap...

• @illi4a

Do you have a support ID you could share? It would be the first part of the subject line, e.g. [#abc-123-9876]. I'd like to follow this case and see if there is anything I can do to assist in getting you a resolution. Thank you.

Ben

• illi4a
    illi4a
    Community Member

Hey @Ben, it is #QYI-21735-566

• Thanks @illi4a. I've added that to my list to follow-up on.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.