Safari Extension NOT Updating (Syncing) After Edits in Desktop App V 8.8.0

After updating information in the desktop app I try to login using the 1Password for Safari extension. The old information appears. The only way to force a sync is by quitting Safari and restarting.

Why is this happening?
How do I force a sync without quitting and restarting Safari?
Why is there no option to force a sync?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 15.6.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• lysanderlysander
    Community Member
    edited September 6

@Jack.P_1P @Joy_1P
    Can someone please help with this issue?

• Joy_1PJoy_1P

Team Member

Hey @lysander, does this happen each time you edit a login or did it just happen once? Can you try editing a login again and then sign in to your account at http://my.1password.com to see if the changes appear there?

• lysanderlysander
    Community Member
    edited September 6

Yes, the online account shows the edit. The extension does not.
    I found that going into Safari Preferences and turning the extension off and then on forces it to sync.

I know Agilbits claims that the update should be instantaneous since the online account shows the change it is not working.
    Another user asked for a "Sync" button. Maybe not all users have this issue, but something is going on with the extension causing it to not sync.

NOTE: When I check 1Password on my iPhone it IS updated. So the change is being sent out but the extension is not receiving it.

• Joy_1PJoy_1P

Team Member

Hey @lysander, thanks for checking on that for me. The sync should be instantaneous so if it is not, then we will want to investigate further. At this time, can you edit a login in the app and then open the extension to view that login? From there, if the login is not updated, then please send us the following:

Attach the logs and diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected]

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• lysanderlysander
    Community Member

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#LIL-68391-192]

• Joy_1PJoy_1P

Team Member

@lysander Thanks! We will get to it as soon as we can.

• lysanderlysander
    Community Member
    edited September 9

RESOLVED

After following your test conditions the extension now works properly.

For anyone else experiencing this issue:

1. Remove the 1Password for Safari extension by going to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > 1Password for Safari and clicking Uninstall. After that, clear your cache and history in Safari with the steps here: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac. Make sure to select "All Time".
    2. Reinstall the 1Password for Safari extension from the Mac App Store.
    3. REBOOT
  • Joy_1PJoy_1P

Team Member

@lysander Glad things are working now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file