Autofill button comes up on sites without 2FA in 1password

If I use my governments website for example to do something I log in like normal but I need a 2FA code and they only support codes from their own app. I find it really weird that 1password shows the autofill prompt when you don't have a one time password set on the website, if you press the button it just does nothing and it gets in the way.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EggsAndAvo, it's possible that 1Password recognizes the field as a 2fa field and is providing an option to save/fill it. To check on that, can you send over a screenshot of what you're seeing? What is the URL to the site?

In the meantime, if you don't use 1Password to fill a field, you can do the following to close out of any suggestions from 1Password:

• Press ESC on your keyboard.
    • Click on a blank area in the page to remove focus from the field.
    • Click the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field to toggle it off.

Hopefully that helps! I look forward to getting more info from you.

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @Joy_1P,

I am trying to login to https://my.gov.au but they only offer 2fa through their own app. I find it annoying that on any website with a 2FA field like Adobe as well for example, that you can’t save a code with a 2FA app like 1Password but 1Password still shows the autofill button and it gets in the way. What I’m asking for is for the autofill prompt to not be shown for OTP fields when you haven’t saved it with 1Password. I know you can hide it but I have to do it every time I’m on the website.

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member

Here’s a photo, it didn’t upload in the last post

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@EggsAndAvo Thanks for the additional details. I can see why you would want to turn off the inline menu and suggestions from 1Password for those specific fields. Unfortunately, there is not a way to do that at the moment. However, we do have a feature request to our developers created for something like this. I've added your voice and comments here to that request. Hopefully it is something our developers will consider in future releases of the extension.

I'm sorry that I do not have better news. If there's anything else that I can help with, please let me know.

IDEA-I-596

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member

Thank you, I was looking to do a feature request.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@EggsAndAvo You are welcome! Hopefully with the request we'll be able to give you more control over how the extension appears and autofills. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback. Have a good one.

This discussion has been closed.