Chrome can't fine 1Password app

I have upgraded to 1P8 and the extension is installed and working in Safari. I have the following extensions in Chrome 1) 1Password Manager v.2.3.7 and 2) 1Password Extension (desktop app required) ver 4.7.5.90. When I click on the 1P icon in Chrome I get a message that it can't find the app.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: see above 2 extensions
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:chrome can't find application

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @frustrated2! It sounds like that error is coming from the classic extension installed in your browser. The classic extension is no longer receiving development updates and is not supported with 1Password 8. Let's remove the classic extension and make sure that you're using the new extension going forward:

1. Copy and paste chrome://extensions to your Chrome browser and click Enter.
    2. Look for 1Password extension (desktop app required) and click to Remove it.
    3. It sounds like you do have the new extension but you can click here to check on it: 1Password - Password Manager
    4. Make sure that the new extension is pinned to Chrome's toolbar: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/#chrome

After that, please try things out with the new extension and let me know how everything goes.

This discussion has been closed.