How to create masked Fastmail account?

Options

I'm signing up for something but not being given the option to create a new masked email. How do I force that function if 1Password does not recognize the field as an email field?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• iAintGonDunDoxMe
    iAintGonDunDoxMe
    Community Member
    Options

Or do I have to actually launch Fastmail.com separately?

• Hey @iAintGonDunDoxMe,

Sorry we haven't responded sooner.

Can you provide us with the site you are having trouble creating a masked email on so we can take a look and best advise?

Thank you!

• iAintGonDunDoxMe
    iAintGonDunDoxMe
    Community Member
    Options

It happens so often I don't even know. I was just hoping there was a way to create an email manually with a shortcut or something?

• @iAintGonDunDoxMe,

Currently the Masked Email suggestions are only available in registration forms when we detect an email field, if you are not seeing masked email suggestion on specific pages then please let us know so we can report this to our development team to take a look at.

In these scenarios, the best workaround would be the following:

1. Create a masked email manually on Fastmail.com -> Masked Email - Fastmail
    2. Create a new Identity item in 1Password and save the Masked Email in the Identity.
    3. Navigate to the website’s registration page.
    4. Left click the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar and select ‘Identities’ from the dropdown menu at the top left.
    5. Select the Identity you’d like to use, and click the Autofill button.

I hope this helps, I realize the workaround is not ideal, and I apologize for the extra steps with these specific sites.

This discussion has been closed.