1Password can't verify the identify of your web browser

Options
manishgiri
manishgiri
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

After updating Google Chrome to the latest version (105), I'm having the exact same issue (again) on my Mac as I had last time - https://1password.community/discussion/117832/1password-browser-extension-for-edge-not-working-on-mac#latest. That issue was with Microsoft Edge, this time it is with Google Chrome. And quite honestly, it is getting a little frustrating having to deal with this error all the time.

The solution, in that case, was to copy-paste the JSON file from Google Chrome's NativeMessagingHosts folder to that of Edge. What do I do now, since the issue is with Chrome itself?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.6.8
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @manishgiri

It sounds like 1Password might be due an update. My guess would be that you're using 1Password 7.9.2 or older, because 7.9.3 included the new signature for Chrome so that the extension can work as intended.

The last version of 1Password 7 was 7.9.6, so make sure you're using that, and see if that helps.

How to keep 1Password up to date

If you have a 1Password membership, I'd recommend upgrading to 1Password 8: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Mac for ongoing support, now that 1Password 7 is discontinued.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

— Grey

• manishgiri
    manishgiri
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello @GreyM1P

Thank You for responding. I updated 1Password 7 to 7.9.6, but the browser extension still does nothing. Clicking on it just brings up this menu (instead of bringing up the app) -

Is there something else I can try?

And yes, I do have a 1Password membership, and in fact, I also tried 1Password 8 in the past. I had to stop using it because with version 8 (and the browser extension that is compatible with v8), I could no longer get passwords saved in my browser by default, more details are available here in my post - https://1password.community/discussion/125268/1password-extension-not-working-in-any-browser-after-1password-8-update#latest

• @manishgiri

I can see you're using the classic extension (where the name includes "desktop app required"). I'd suggest moving to the modern extension for Chrome, which you can find here:

1Password – Password Manager - Chrome Web Store

Make sure you remove the classic extension afterwards, so that you only have the extension named "1Password – Password Manager" in Chrome.

As far as 1Password 8 goes, it uses that same modern extension, so when it's working properly with 1Password 7, it'll work just the same with 1Password 8. Let me know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.