Face ID

outrideroutrider
Community Member

Hi!
After upgrading to iOS 16 Face ID does not work for the 1Password app. Every time it requires the master password to be entered, claiming that the first time the password must be entered to start using Face ID.

I have tried to restart and remove Face ID but nothing resolves this problem.

Please assist

Comments

• GreyM1PGreyM1P

Team Member

Hi @outrider

It would be helpful if we could see what's happening behind the scenes in 1Password, so I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

— Grey

• karlitos5karlitos5
    Community Member
    edited September 20

Hello the same thing happens to me exactly the same I will do the diagnosis and send also to help me. Thank you

• jac.pd_1pjac.pd_1p

Team Member

Hi @karlitos5:

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue on your iOS device. We've received your email and someone will be back in touch as soon as possible to help you further :)

• karlitos5karlitos5
    Community Member

Hello jac.pd_1p thank you for answering at the moment not and I could make it work in password 8 I had to go down to password 7 and that works perfect, I will be aware of the greetings emails

• work242work242
    Community Member

I had the same problem. Touch ID works on Big Sur, Face ID works on the iPad with iOS15, iPhone 11 Pro with iOS16 did not work.

• rlamber3rlamber3
    Community Member

Same problem since getting my iPhone 14 pro last week. help!

• MASTERNCMASTERNC
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem as well. I just sent a diagnostic file. Face ID works fine for all my other apps.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited September 23

@MASTERNC

I'll be replying to your email soon. Thanks for sending in that report.

ref: HVZ-58133-928

• xyzuluxyzulu
    Community Member

This is a known issue.. for some reason 1Password staff are not all aware of it. Either that, or there is a lack of transparency around this issue.
    There is a workaround here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/657234/#Comment_657234 but it's not very user friendly at all.. and a little bit of a risk (to your phone data).

• outrideroutrider
    Community Member

Hi @GreyM1P!

I have now sent the diagnostic report according to your instruction. Support ID number: [#MDQ-25324-844].

Please get back on this ASAP.

• jac.pd_1pjac.pd_1p

Team Member

Hey @outrider:

Thanks for sending that diagnostics report through to us. We've received it on our end so we'll reply back as soon as possible :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file