1Password 8: Please do better!

Options
jerseyshawn
jerseyshawn
Community Member

Hello 1Password Team,
I certain there are a bunch of bright and well-intended engineers working to make this product. In that vein, I dont want this to come across as bashing or negative feedback. Rather, I'd like to share some observations/experiences I've had since migrating to v8.

1. First and foremost, it is making my browsers nearly inoperable. I click on a new tab - 1password takes focus in background. I click in a text box and start typing - 1password has taken focus and i need to start over. This really is invasive, please roll this back. EDIT: while typing this i've had to click back in this box no less than 10 times, because all the sudden focus was moved to the 1password client.
  2. It is so slow. v7 opened slower than v6, but v8 takes an unacceptable amount of time to open. No idea why, newer macbook, plenty or memory and cpu.
  3. additional steps - to create a new secret, used to be able to simple click one button and move on. now there's nested menus, all of which are slower to load than expected. its a real neusence.
  4. browser plugins dont work - i flip between chrome, ff, and brave. the new 1password 8 plugin has stopped populating webages when clicking on the url, or selecting autofill.

I hope this is helpful. No threat, but if this doesnt improve I will be migrating very soon. I manage a lot of environments and need a functional and efficient password manager, and 1password 8 just isnt it.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos 12.5.1
Browser:_ chrome, ff, brave

Comments

• Hello @jerseyshawn! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password 8, we're definitely interested in learning more about the issues that you're running into so that we can address them and make 1Password 8 even better in the future. The performance and focus issues definitely don't sound right and I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.