Face ID not working

SystemSystem

Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari Extension Started Asking For Password For Every Auto Fill.

Comments

• iamaydoiamaydo
    Community Member

My problem is similar to yours except Face ID authentication has completely stopped working on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.0.1, I get the message to enter account password to use Face ID then the next time I go to use 1Password I see the Face ID animation and a checkmark showing it was successful, but before the animation is over 1Password already has a message that says "That didn't work. Check your password and try again" resetting Face ID, toggling autofill off/on, deleting and re-installing 1Password, nothing fixes the 1Password Face ID authentication, it's stuck. Meanwhile Face ID works fine for everything else.

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Hello @iamaydo! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that Face ID isn't working with 1Password on your iPhone. I've split your ticket away from the other thread since it sounds like you're experiencing a slightly different issue that our developers are currently investigating. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

ref: dev/core/core#15937

• iamaydoiamaydo
    Community Member

Hello @Dave_1P,

Thank you for your response. Here is the Support ID number: #GQE-15221-222

Thanks again.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

Thanks @iamaydo

We have it. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: GQE-15221-222

• xyzuluxyzulu
    Community Member

@Dave_1P and @ag_tommy this issue is months old.. reported here: https://1password.community/discussion/132575/face-id-not-working#latest

(also reported by many users).

Why are so many 1Password staff not yet aware of this? I've contacted support via email a few times as well.. and the initial response is always "surprise" at this issue.. not acknowledgement.

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member
    edited September 23

@xyzulu

Our developers are indeed investigating an issue with Face ID / Touch ID. A diagnostics report allows us to verify that the user is affected by the known issue rather than by a different issue that would need to be investigated further which is why support may have asked you for a diagnostics report before confirming that you're affected.

Our developers are aware that this issue is affecting a number of users and they're treating this as a priority. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing. If you're interested, my colleague Jack has a posted a workaround however it should only be attempted by technically savvy users who are comfortable with factory resetting their iPhone and restoring from an iCloud backup (since data loss is possible): https://1password.community/discussion/comment/657234/#Comment_657234

-Dave

• xyzuluxyzulu
    Community Member

Dave, please can you update us on the status of this issue. It's been months since it was first reported to you guys.

• Is this acknowledged as an issue anywhere in public? (apart from these forums)
    • What is the issue?
    • Does 1Password have all the diagnostic information needed to resolve it?
    • When is an actual fix coming?

(private emails with 1Password support are even more vague on this issue than your post)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file