Saving password to Firefox: Password Manager controls this setting

Options
AlienLV426
AlienLV426
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, it seems 1Password 8 has taken over the ability to have Firefox remember logins. There are some low security logins I have where I would like to go back to allowing Firefox to save theuserid and password for a site, but it no longer does with 1Password 8 active. Is it really impossible to do this now, or am I missing something? Many thanks.

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Password Manager controls this setting.

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @AlienLV426, by default, 1Password will control the autofill setting in your browser. We recommend using 1Password to save and fill all your information, it's often more convenient and safer to have all your data in one location.

That said, if you want to use your browser to fill logins on certain forms, you can do the following:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Firefox's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Firefox's address bar and press Enter: about:preferences#privacy
    4. Go to "Logins and Passwords" and select the filling behavior that you'd like to see from Firefox's built-in password manager.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• AlienLV426
    AlienLV426
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I will have a look at that. This is for a handful of passwords where I really don't need to have them inside 1Password but the option to have Firefox save them was not available.

This discussion has been closed.