Website reloading before Safari Extension saves suggested password

Options
Tim22
Tim22
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I was changing my password on Costco.com through their password reset flow. 1Password Safari extension suggested a password, I used it. The 1Password save overlay came on. I waited longer than 5 seconds - for some reason the costco.com webpage advanced to the next screen and the 1Password Safari extension disappeared. I never got the chance to save the password into the 1Password database but Costco got the new password. This led to having to reset my password 3 times and on the third time I saved it in the extension overlay before the page reloaded.

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5.1
Browser:_ Safari 15.6.1
Referrer: forum-search:1password 8 safari extension not saving

Comments

• wonnage
    wonnage
    Community Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Similar thing happened to me. The web extension seems poorly designed and not much better than just using the password auto fill integration.

With the old app-dependent extension, generated passwords would auto save under the password history of the site, but with the web extension it seems to go into a separate and well-hidden menu in the extension menu. These passwords are never synced or visible anywhere in the main 1Password app, which seems like a huge oversight.

• @Tim22

If you click in Safari and then use the generated password option you likely see those generated passwords.

• Tim22
    Tim22
    Community Member
    Options

Oh that's nice! I know I will use that often @ag_tommy

So the change behavior is before it would auto-save every generated password - which for me led to having clean them up often. I like this better but just a bit hard to discover on your own. But now I know!

This discussion has been closed.