Trouble installing Firefox extension

rmhymes
rmhymes
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I use 1 PW 3 on a MAC with Safari (Mountain Lion) and it works great. I can not get 1 PW 3 to work with Firefox (version 22.0). Can anyone help me?
Thanks, Ray

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rmhymes,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. That said, I'm not certain that I understand what the trouble is.

What happens when you open this link in Firefox and follow the onscreen instructions?

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/firefox.html

Could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Cheers!

• BubbaTim
    BubbaTim
    Community Member

I've installed the extension three times, but when I enter the master password, I get a connecting message with a count that has currently reached 297. I have mac version 10.8.4 and firefox 22.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BubbaTim,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble as well. Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

This discussion has been closed.