To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to remove defunct corporate account from showing up on login

Options
landrabbit
landrabbit
Community Member

I had two 1password accounts - one with my former company and one family account.

When I left the company my account with them was deactivated. So I should have only one account now. However, whenever I log into 1password I am given an option to log in to either my family account or my old corporate account. I figured this was perhaps some sort of leftover system preference or cookie - on my machine. However, I just installed 1password 8 on a brand new iMac - and again - on the login screen was given both of the options. This happens on iPhone, browser and Mac installs.

How do I get rid of the corporate signin - I can't actually log into it as the account is long gone.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.6.2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:old account keeps showing u

Comments

• Hello @landrabbit! 👋

The account suggestion that you're seeing in the 1Password app is being shown because the 1Password app has found a 1Password account in your iCloud Keychain. In order to make it easier to sign into your 1Password account on your Apple devices 1Password will store an encrypted copy of the equivalent of your Emergency Kit in the iCloud Keychain.

If you have an account being found in the details stored in iCloud, and you no longer want that account to show in the list of found accounts, you can remove the data from iCloud keychain using these steps:

1. On your Mac, launch the "Keychain Access" utility that comes with macOS
    2. In the search box in the upper-right corner of the app, search for "com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials" (without the quote marks)
    3. Each search result you see is one account's details that are stored in iCloud Keychain
    4. Double-click on the entry you want to examine
    5. Tick the "Show password" box at the bottom of the Attributes tab, and enter your macOS user password when prompted
    6. The contents of the box will show the stored account details - you can click into the box and use the up and down keys on your keyboard to see all of the details
    7. When you have identified the entry that relates to the specific membership you no longer want to have recorded in iCloud Keychain, delete that one com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials entry

I hope that helps! 🙂

• landrabbit
    landrabbit
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant - thank you!

• @landrabbit – I'm glad Dave's instructions were helpful. Let us know if you need any further help at any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.