1Password randomly coming to the foreground on my Mac

Options
jbrayton
jbrayton
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am seeing 1Password bringing itself to the foreground at seemingly random times when using my Mac. I think it is happening more when using Safari than when using other apps, but I am not sure. Is this a known issue, or are others seeing this?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: 2.8.3
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari Version 16.0 (17614.1.25.9.10, 17614)

Comments

• jbrayton
    jbrayton
    Community Member
    Options

Investigating further: this does seem to be happening primarily when Safari is in the foreground. Disabling the 1Password Safari extension seems to prevent this – but that is obviously not a great workaround.

• Hey @jbrayton,

I'm sorry for the trouble, I'd like to try and understand a little more about what may be happening.

• Is it the 1Password app that seems to be taking focus or are you referring to 1Password in your browser?
    • Is 1Password locked when this behaviour is happening?
    • When 1Password takes focus is it prompting you to do anything? Are you on a login page of a website?

This will be really helpful, thank you!

• jbrayton
    jbrayton
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password app would come to the foreground. I forget whether it would be locked or what state the app would be in. I was able to stop this from happening by rebooting my Mac – so I cannot reproduce the issue now.

• Hi @jbrayton,

Thank you for the update, I hope things are smooth sailing from here on but please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.