how to fix auto fill is not working on app Mac Monterey 12.6 and Safari extension?

Options
Marcusbakery
Marcusbakery
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I updated to 8.9.4 and the 1Password app and Safari extension are not auto filling. The vault is visible in the extension and I can select the item needed (home info, address, phone etc.) but I can not get the information to fill the selected field.

Also the app will open a webpage saved in 1Password but the blue icon does not appear in the login field and it will not automatically fill my credentials. Same for the extension (blue icon does not appear).

Can you help, please?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:auto fill is not working on Mac Monterey 12.6 and Safari extension

Comments

• Hey @Marcusbakery,

Can you start by opening Safari and in the top menu bar choose Safari > Preferences > Extensions and let me know if you see 1Password for Safari enabled in here? In addition, you will need to click 'Always allow on every website' If you haven't already.

Let me know how you get on with the above and if the issue persists.

• Marcusbakery
    Marcusbakery
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph -
    Thanks for your response and advice. I have solved my problem by digging around the support online community and finding another user having the same problem. I don't recall the exact location of the answer, but there was advice on how to fix the Safari extensions not updating with version 8.9.4 specifically.

Again, thank you
    Marcusbakery

• Thank you for the update @Marcusbakery.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

This discussion has been closed.