How do I delete browser email form suggestions?

Options
jfolger
jfolger
Community Member
edited October 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

This has been driving me nuts for far too long - 1P appears to be suggesting some email addresses when I fill out forms online. While they are all my valid addresses, I can't seem to figure out where it's getting these suggestions from. I looked everywhere and can't figure it out. Help!

*Edit - I just figured it out - they are pulling from my Identity cards! Ok, halfway there. Now, how do I make it stop? In my case, I also have my sons info as an identity (and another one for me), so it's suggesting both of them on every form. Can this be configured?

1Password Version: 8.9.4
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: 13.0
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jfolger

There are a couple of options here. 😊 The first is to move the items you do not want suggested into a different vault, and then exclude that vault from 1Password in the browser. To do the exclusion, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and select settings. At the bottom of that screen you'll see a listing of your vaults. Uncheck the one you do not want suggestions from.

Alternatively, you could edit these items and create a custom email field, and move the email address into that field. 1Password currently only suggests email addresses that are in the default field, not custom ones.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• jfolger
    jfolger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I will do that. Appreciate the prompt reply!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. 👍️ If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.