is there any possibility to go back to version 7?

Options
Juetec
Juetec
Community Member
edited October 2022 in iOS

I have finally had enough! The new 1Password is complicated, confusing, cumbersome and in iOS the extension does not work because you have to enter your password all the time.
Something proven has been broken with a spasmodic update.
I ask for help to go back to the previous version in macOS and iOS.
many thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• RylenF
    RylenF
    Community Member
    Options

I hope you get an answer, I too would like to go back! 8 is driving me bananas. With the Face ID not working it has become very cumbersome on my mobile device

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello @Juetec and @RylenF! 👋

I'm sorry that you've run into issues with 1Password. The team is aware of and working on the the biometric unlock issue in 1Password for Safari on iOS and in the 1Password for iOS app itself. We know the importance of biometric unlock and we hope to include fixes in a future update.

With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. Although you can continue to use 1Password 7, it’s best to use the latest version of 1Password that includes all the latest features and security updates. That being said, you can revert back to 1Password 7 if you wish by following these steps:

On your iPhone or iPad:

To re-download the 1Password 7 app from your purchase history, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the App Store app.
    2. Tap the sign-in button or your photo at the top of the screen.
    3. Tap Purchased.
    4. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases or choose a family member's name to see content that they purchased.
    5. Tap "Not on this [device]."
    6. Find the app that you want to download, then tap the download button.

On your Mac:

1. Click on the 1Password 8 icon in the menubar and click Quit.
    2. Open your Applications folder and drag 1Password 8 to the trash.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Open your Applications folder and double-click on "1Password 7.app.zip" to restore the backup copy of 1Password 7.
    5. Double-click on 1Password 7.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15937
    ref: dev/core/core#17988

This discussion has been closed.