Feature Request: Open Notes in "edit" mode so they can be accessed and updated easily.

Options
winterludes
winterludes
Community Member

Right now notes are opened locked and you have to choose "edit" to make changes. I would like to use notes in 1Password as may main place to store secure notes, as I recently lost a lot of notes in the app "Standard Notes" but it's cumbersome to work on notes when you have to constantly click the "edit" button to unlock them.

can you make this a preference in settings? Whether to keep them locked and need to click "edit" or open them so they are editable?

I love the new "unlock 1Password with biometrics" ability it's so much better than having to use my password every week. thank you!

1Password Version: 8.9
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 12.1
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hello @winterludes! 👋

Thank you for the suggestion! I can certainly see how being able to edit Secure Notes without first having to click Edit would be useful. At the moment, 1Password items are only modified when you click Edit, make a change, and then click Save. We make this process deliberate and consistent across different types of items because the information stored in 1Password is more sensitive than information stored in a note taking app or a word processor and we want to make sure that any changes made to an item are deliberate and intended.

That being said, I've filed a feature request on your behalf so that our product team can look into this. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-2155

• winterludes
    winterludes
    Community Member
    Options

:)

• winterludes
    winterludes
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Better yet make this a preference for certain notes. Some notes could remain extra secure like this and others could just be modifiable easily.

thank you!

• @winterludes

Thank you for the additional suggestion, I've added it to the feature request as well. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.