How to get a collection to work in the Safari Browser Extension

jerryplotnick
jerryplotnick
Community Member

I created a Collection All Vaults to limit the vaults that get searched in 1Password on my Mac. I am aiming to reproduce the All Vaults that I set up on my iPhone. I choose the collection All Vaults when I open 1Password on my Mac. Why doesn't the All Vaults collection then control what passwords get offered in the Safari 1Password Collection? It appears that the extension always draws on all of the passwords I have ever created, even if I select All Vaults in the extension. And if I do select it during a search, aside from the fact that doing so doesn't work, I must reselect it with every search.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jerryplotnick! 👋

1Password in the browser doesn't currently support collections however we do have a feature request open to add this support and I've added your vote there so that the product team is aware that this is something that you'd find useful. In the meantime, you can decide which vaults you see suggestions from in the browser by following these steps:

1. Open your browser on your Mac.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar and click Settings.
    3. Click on Accounts & Vaults in the sidebar.
    4. De-select any vaults or accounts that you don't want to see suggestions from.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

ref: IDEA-I-1097

• jerryplotnick
    jerryplotnick
    Community Member

Yes that helps. Thanks very much for the prompt response. But I must do this for every browser (3 of them) on all computers. Whatever happened to syncing? And the iPhone and Mac work very differently.

I guess if 1Password adds Collections to browser extensions, there will be an easier way to bring all devices in sync with each other.

I also just discovered that 1Password no longer provides old passwords? Only the iPhone app does? Or am I missing something?

• @jerryplotnick

Because you might have more than one account added to 1Password in the browser, it's not currently possible to sync your preferences between your browsers, as it wouldn't be clear which account to use. As you say, Collections may well help with this in the future.

I also just discovered that 1Password no longer provides old passwords? Only the iPhone app does? Or am I missing something?

You can find the password history for an item by clicking the 🔽 down arrow next to the Password field and clicking "View password history", like this:

The password history will then appear in a pop-up window. Let me know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.