Autofill with multiple passwords for domain is annoying

Eyk
Eyk
Community Member
edited November 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password is a wonderful tool, but 1 thing is a bit annoying for me. With multiple passwords under a domain, I have to manually choose the right password for each login, although this could be matched automatically (pretty easy). Could you please consider to fix that.

As a software engineer I regularly have multiple passwords under a domain, eg. http://dev.foo.com may have:

• multiple user logins under /
  • a backend login under /admin
  • a montoring tool under /monitor
  • a search engine backend under /solr
  • etc.

The annoying part is, that all those paths are already stored in 1Password (Website-Field), but the autofill feature is not able to match that properly. I am sure many website owners have at least two logins for their domain, so I may not be the only victim.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Eyk,

1Password currently only suggests items based on the root domain. However, I do understand how this can be troublesome especially in your scenario. We do have an internal open request to support advanced matching rules for autofill so I have added your feedback to this discussion.

If you find you're using a specific Login more frequently than others, you can add it as a favorite which will make sure it's always displayed as the first result.

I hope this helps, thank you for your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-57

This discussion has been closed.