Unable to copy generated passwords in iOS 16.1.1

SegeiCMeerkat
SegeiCMeerkat
Community Member

When I use the Safari extension on my iPad or iPhone to generate a password for an app, I get the message “unable to copy generated password”. Usually I can think of possible fixes to issues, but in this case I can’t. Any suggestions please?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.1.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to copy generated passwords in iOS 16.1.1

Comments

• Hello @SegeiCMeerkat! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble generating passwords using 1Password for Safari on your iPhone and iPad. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Safari.
    3. Tap Extensions.
    4. Tap 1Password.
    5. Tap Other Websites.
    6. Tap/select Ask.
    7. Switch back to Safari (the app).
    8. Tap the aA / puzzle piece icon.
    9. Tap 1Password.
    10. Tap Allow.

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• SegeiCMeerkat
    SegeiCMeerkat
    Community Member

Hi, just saw your reply - many thanks for getting back to me. Just to clarify, I can generate password but cannot copy them.

I tried your Settings change and I’m still seeing “unable to copy generated password”.

• @SegeiCMeerkat

I'm sorry that the steps didn't work. Can you try the following:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Restart your device.
    4. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    5. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    6. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    7. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    8. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Then try to reproduce the issue again. If the issue does still occur then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• SegeiCMeerkat
    SegeiCMeerkat
    Community Member

Hi, just sent a diagnostics report from my iPad as the issue persists. I’m able to generate and copy passwords on my MacBook so the issue is localised to iOS. Many thanks for looking at this for me.

• @SegeiCMeerkat

Thank you, I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will review the diagnostics report and send you a reply over email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: GSM-32476-832

• SegeiCMeerkat
    SegeiCMeerkat
    Community Member

Hi, just sent a diagnostics report from my iPad as the issue persists. I’m able to generate and copy passwords on my MacBook so the issue is localised to iOS. Many thanks for looking at this for me.

• SegeiCMeerkat
    SegeiCMeerkat
    Community Member

Hi, I had a response from the Support Team and I’ve been given to understand it’s a known issue and is being investigated.

Many thanks for your kind help.

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2022

Hi @SegeiCMeerkat - you're most welcome!

ref: dev/core/core#9820

• eszense
    eszense
    Community Member

Same problem here. I wonder if there is an workaround or shall I wait for a fix in the next update?

• @eszense

Some users report that the following workaround from earlier in the thread gets things working again: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/664467/#Comment_664467

If that doesn't work then please sit tight, our developers are aware of this issue and we plan to include a fix in a future update to 1Password. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing.

-Dave

• bubbabarker
    bubbabarker
    Community Member

Same problem with iPad. Tried above fixes and just upgraded to 6.2 iOS and still can’t copy password. Maybe stay with LP?

• Drababan
    Drababan
    Community Member

I’m having the same issue on my iPhone 13. Unable to copy generated password.

• @bubbabarker and @Drababan

I'm sorry that you're also running into the issue and I've passed along your reports to our developers so that they're aware. While we wait for a fix you can still copy passwords from the main 1Password app on your iPhone or iPad rather than from the 1Password for Safari extension.

-Dave

• ikjadoon
    ikjadoon
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

I'm having the same issue, unfortunately, for some weeks now. It has also been reported on /r/1Password.

@Dave_1P, does 1Password need more iOS app Diagnostics from affected users to help this bug along?

This discussion has been closed.