Search no longer searches Notes

SamB3TSamB3T
Community Member

As of maybe a couple months ago, 1Pass doesn't seem to search Notes content anymore when using the search bar. This has proven to be a pain as it was a very useful thing to have, particularly for names or other common details.

Unrelated but while I'm here, can I please put in a feature request to toggle how the search bar works? I want Enter to show all matching searches, not the one that happens to be highlighted. Ctrl Enter goes against muscle memory for so many other products that work the standard way, I'd appreciate being able to hit Enter and get all my results again please.

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• TaylorD1PTaylorD1P

Team Member

Hi @SamB3T

Have you tried our Find search? This can be done by opening 1Password and pressing CTRL + ALT + F

I believe this is the functionality that you are looking for. In 1Password 8 we updated the search feature to be a little different than it was in 1Password 7. Please give Find a try and let me know if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• SamB3TSamB3T
    Community Member

Hi Taylor, this key combo does seem to do what I'm after.
    IMO this seems a little redundant from a UI perspective, as there's a clear and obvious search bar that should be sufficient without having to use a seperate key combo. Personally my feedback on this feature is I don't need or want multiple search methods. The Ctrl Enter result would be ideal for just hitting Enter, if my wording makes sense.

Aside from this, I'd like to keep this thread open for the Notes not being searched, this does not work with either search method. Cheers.

• TaylorD1PTaylorD1P

Team Member
    edited November 25

Hi @SamB3T

I have added your +1 vote to for this feature request.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

ref: IDEA-I-289

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file