To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Assign New Login to Email Category

n10s
n10s
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Memberships

TL;DR:

The questions are:

1) Is there currently a way to readily assign each email address to the 1Password Email Category as I am creating them?

2) Is there a way to export or transfer the vault to the client once I've established all the prescribed accounts?

Season's Greetings!

THE SITUATION:

• After a great start with LP, my family and I have migrated to 1Password. I remain baffled by the online ratings that do not reflect anywhere near to my personal abundantly pleasant experience with 1Password. It is one of the best Technology decisions I've made in the last 20 years. I am creating a Digital Marketing Agency. One of the services we offer is Email System Setup and Integration.

• I have a small Webhosting company. Over the years, I have created thousands of email accounts and will create many more. My workflow in this regard is to save the password I use to create the email account immediately in 1Password. 1Password kindly asks to save the password. I agree. A new login item is created. I am presented with a popup with the option to either update an existing item or create a new one. I can also change the username or password. Finally, I can assign tags, should I choose.

• In my use case, I want to be able to assign the appropriate category of "Email," within 1Password. I create a separate vault for each client. My hope is that I will be able to export or turn over (by some more eloquent method) the complete vault to upload into their company's 1Password (affiliate-purchased 😉) software.

The questions are:

1) Is there currently a way to readily assign each email address to the 1Password Email Category as I am creating them?

2) Is there a way to export or transfer the vault to the client once I've established all the prescribed accounts?

This discussion has been closed.