1Password is not entering the correct password for a login

captsls
captsls
Community Member
edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Using 1PW for Mac version 8.9.1. I entered a new login and 1PW takes me to the correct site and enters the correct username but the password it enters is not what is listed on my 1PW login page. I have edited the login several times and when I view the login password on 1PW it is the correct password for the site. So, when I click on the website for my login, it takes me to the right place and enters the correct username but I have to delete the password entered by 1PW and type it again and I can then log in to the site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @captsls

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, can you point me at the website where the issue is occurring so I can take a look?

In addition, can you provide some details on the steps you are taking to fill? Are you using a keyboard shortcut?

Finally, can you confirm that your browser built in password manager isn't interfering: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

I look forward to hearing from you!

• captsls
    captsls
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. The problem is with the web site. Freedom boat club changed to a new reservation log in and it just doesn't work. It has nothing to do with 1 PW. Thanks. sorry I bothered you

• Thanks for getting back to me @captsls, no need to apologise!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.