What happened to interaction??

Options
Liazard
Liazard
Community Member
edited December 2022 in Lounge

Since "updating" to the latest version, even if I am logged into the desktop version, I still have to enter my full password in the online version. Isn't logging into desktop supposed to unlock the online version?

Also, Windows Hello is not working in either version.

This is all very inconvenient. Frankly I can't tell what version I have from either version.

I'm going to stop accepting updates if this keeps up. In fact I might have to switch to another passwork manager. Something like this happened with the last update too. Does everything have to change every time I update the software?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

👋

Since "updating" to the latest version, even if I am logged into the desktop version, I still have to enter my full password in the online version. Isn't logging into desktop supposed to unlock the online version?

No; unlocking the 1Password.com web app does not unlock the desktop app, nor vice versa.

Also, Windows Hello is not working in either version.

Have you followed the instructions to enable Windows Hello in this guide?

Use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password on your Windows PC

The little thing with the 1Pass logo is gone.

The ability to set new passwords on new or previous web pages.

Could you please check that you have the latest 1Password browser extension installed in your web browser, and no other versions of the 1Password extension?

Get started with 1Password in your browser

Just doesn't work and Google seems to have taken over this function, even though the latest passwords are only in 1Password.

We have a guide on disabling this, here:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.