Am I able to change the reveal settings?

Or am I dependent on the 10 minute timeout to prevent an at a glance at individual PWs for sites?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Ekalb
    Ekalb
    Community Member
    edited December 2022

Hello,
    The extension's security settings are the same as the app's.
    They are therefore parameterized in the application : Settings > Security
    Minimum lockout delay after system inactivity: 1 minute
    You can of course manually lock 1Password : ctrl + shift + L
    You have also the option : Lock 1Password when computer locks

• neilb422
    neilb422
    Community Member

Thank you for the response Ekalb. To clarify, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the reveal by default for passwords. So even if I'm signed in and want to view a password for an individual site (or open a secure note), I'd be prompted to re-enter my master password

• Hey @neilb422,

This functionality isn't currently available but I'd like to try and understand more about the a behaviour you are after and then I can pass your feedback on to our Product team. Can you provide me with an example of when you would require this additional layer of security once you are already signed in to your 1Password?

• neilb422
    neilb422
    Community Member

Thanks @steph.giles - so in LastPass this is the default security setting for individual logins. Even if I'm signed into the vault, if I want to view the full-text of the password, I would need to re key-in the master password to show/reveal it. Lastpass does give the option to turn that off (i.e., "don't ask for master password after 15 minutes/30minutes/ 1 hour" etc.)

I suppose the use case for this would be if I were on a shared computer or somewhere else where someone would be likely to be looking over my shoulder. I guess if I were very worried about this, I would set the timeout timer all the way down to 1.

• I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you @neilb422, Happy New Year!

I have gone ahead and passed on your feedback to our Product team for consideration, thank you for taking the time to let us know ways in which you feel we can improve 1Password.

ref: PB-29752198

This discussion has been closed.