edited December 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

1Password 7
Version 7.9.6 (70906002)
Mac App Store

The extension version - 2.5.1 updated today. Dec. 26, 2022

Firefox - 108.0.1 (64-bit)

macOS High Sierra - 10.13.6

Hello,
when in Firefox, example logging into Twitch (as well as other sites) the 1password icon doesn't appear in the username filed like it did before. When I click on the extension on the firefox menu it opens a new tab and won't provide any password options. Below is the address the new tab provides.
moz-extension://73da98da-07d3-4692-b122-3bb4f4d0f4c9/app/app.html#/page/welcome?language=en

I have, deleted the extension and reinstalled it. I have the same result after the reinstall.

thanks much,
Frank

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @fcolonna,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you!

Can you start by pasting about:addons into your browser address bar followed by the enter key and let me know what you see on this page? Are there multiple versions of 1Password or is it just version 2.5.1?

• dubdub
    dubdub
    Community Member
    Options

I am in the exact same situation.
    By the way, I'm doing a clean install of the OS right now, so my Mac is simple and clean.

*1Password for Mac 8.9.11
    *The extension version - beta 2.6.1 Jan,4,2023
    *Firefox - 108.0.1 (64-bit)
    *macOS Monterey - 12.6.2

Thank you,
    dubdub

• fcolonna
    fcolonna
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph, it only shows 2.5.1 version last update was dec. 26, 2022

• Hey @dubdub, @fcolonna,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

If you enter about:preferences#privacy into Firefox's address bar, press "Enter", and scroll down to the History section, is "Always use private browsing mode" checked on? If so, can you try turning this setting off and seeing if you still experience the same behaviour?

Let me know how you get on!

• dubdub
    dubdub
    Community Member
    Options

Hey steph.giles,

It works fine with that setting. I am using it that way for now.

Thank you,
    dubdub

• fcolonna
    fcolonna
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph,
    Mine isn't checked. I do have the "Clear history when Firefox closes" checked.

• I'm glad things are working as they should be for you @dubdub.

@fcolonna, can you see if unchecking that setting makes a difference? If not please send over the following so we can do some further investigation:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.